Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Fife Saint said:
3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:
A club legend in terms of managerial achievements (despite the fact that the jury’s still out in regards to whether he’s actually a competent manager). It’s a strange one, no doubt.

Sorry I should have clarified, he was referred to as a club legend prior to the Glorious Double from a playing perspective. That irked me.

I see what you’re saying. He got us our record transfer fee and won the cup as assistant manager. Is that enough for legendary status? 

The cup double makes it academic, he is now a club legend who has his name etched on a number of club records and most of our most meaningful achievements. 

Looking back, the best thing Davidson could’ve done in a way was quit the second he won the Scottish cup, because it doesn’t matter what he does in management, it’s highly unlikely he’s ever going to top that.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who am I "pointing and laughing" at?

On Greg Stewart I've been vocal for a long time that our squad is far too old and we need to balance. I see very little value in spending mega money on someone about to turn 32 with that in mind.

I was just being an arse tbh. 

Your reaction to me was derogatory,but that’s you all over,you do stats so know better than everyone else.Again though, some suggestions to who we can sign,that’ll improve the team,please?

7 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Your reaction to me was derogatory,but that’s you all over,you do stats so know better than everyone else.Again though, some suggestions to who we can sign,that’ll improve the team,please?

I'm not going to put names on here I'm afraid, partly because it seems to really annoy you.

So looking at options for who we could bring in. Would you take Drey Wright or Matty Kennedy back? 

I’d rather take Wright back, only because we’d be able to send McCart the other way.

Even then. Neither option really enthuses me.

Serious question, what's the script been with Cammy MacPherson?

I mean, a lot of St. Mirren fans were miffed he was allowed to leave. I personally wasn't bothered as I feel that he has 1 game in 4 where he's great and then 3 where he steams about the pitch looking like he can barely pass the ball 5 yards. Shows plenty of tenacity but it sometimes takes a bit more than that. 

Has he shown much for St. Johnstone? 

I mean, a lot of St. Mirren fans were miffed he was allowed to leave. I personally wasn't bothered as I feel that he has 1 game in 4 where he's great and then 3 where he steams about the pitch looking like he can barely pass the ball 5 yards. Shows plenty of tenacity but it sometimes takes a bit more than that. 
Nope. He is rubbish.

He’s shown he’s very good at throwing himself about like a ragdoll. Apart from that he’s done f**k all.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Dreadful positional sense. Reminded me of Ross Callachan at Saints, spent half the time chasing back after getting caught pressing when he shouldn't. 

Decent corner taker.  That's about it.

Just now, Broon_100 said:

Dreadful positional sense. Reminded me of Ross Callachan at Saints, spent half the time chasing back after getting caught pressing when he shouldn't. 

Decent corner taker.  That's about it.

Yeah, I get that. He has that special talent of turning into Zinedine Zidane in some St. Mirren supporters eyes when he isn't playing but I've just never saw it personally.

I'm 100% not fussed at the prospect of losing him, wherever he goes.

27 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not in the slightest,but you’re talking shite as usual,you’ve no suggestions at all,but want to shoot down anyone else’s,

I'll give you names but you'd have to pay me.