Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Looks like the ISL season finishes soon,so Greg Stewart would be available,better than we’ve got going forward maybe lacks defensive duties a bit

Aye, let's just keep chucking money at over 30s.

19 minutes ago, Radford said:

There is no dispute, Callum Davidson signs the players.

I was only pointing out a contradiction in what folk have been saying, can't believe for a minute that's not the case. 

He does seem to have painted himself into a corner a bit with Crawford though so if he does have a signed contract I'm not surprised they're holding off announcing it. 

17 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Like Jody and Doobs,Frazer Wright, ?

"It's worked out fine before"

Does anyone genuinely think Greg Stewart would thrive in a set up where the balls pumped up to him at head height for 90 minutes and he's left 1v3 against defenders?

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does anyone genuinely think Greg Stewart would thrive in a set up where the balls pumped up to him at head height for 90 minutes and he's left 1v3 against defenders?

1v3 you say.....

https://m.facebook.com/spflofficial/videos/453424371731787/

Nae bather.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Signing a player based on the player they were 4 years ago?

Sounds perfect for us.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Honestly, Georgie Kelly at Bohemian. We should be aiming for that.

21 goals last season. Surely it can’t be that hard to get him.

Just slightly wide of the post there mixfit! however a ex Saints youngster, only 24 and available I believe after if not "out gunning" Kelly certainly achieved more last season and is the hottest property in Ireland just now.

2 minutes ago, Center half said:

Just slightly wide of the post there mixfit! however a ex Saints youngster, only 24 and available I believe after if not "out gunning" Kelly certainly achieved more last season and is the hottest property in Ireland just now.

Matty Smith isn't the "hottest property in Ireland" at all.

47 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I can’t be arsed with quote replying this specific point, but the line above stating Crawford is as technically gifted as Wotherspoon has really put me over the edge.

It was the line claiming he's a good passer that did me.  He regularly fails to pass the ball ten yards accurately. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He also won't chase all along the opposition back line like a gegenpressing labrador puppy for 70 minutes until the next victim gets wheeled on to do the same. 

Controversial opinion (based on MacDairmid crowd noise I'm in a minority), but I'm getting a bit bored  with seeing May, Kane, Middleton, MOH et al when they do this, as if it's a positive when you're playing against an opposition who simply eat it up and let us punch ourselves out lie a slow lumbering heavyweight.

Cheering a lone player sprinting 40 yards to apparently 'pressure' a keeper who has all the time in the world to casually pass it out to a full-back (who the player then tries to chase down) is not really pressuring the opposition and just leaves us tired with players out of position.

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Controversial opinion (based on MacDairmid crowd noise I'm in a minority), but I'm getting a bit bored  with seeing May, Kane, Middleton, MOH et al when they do this.

You're not alone.

Some of them seem aware that they can get away with hiding in attack as long as they chase a couple of hopeless balls a few times a match 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're not alone.

Some of them seem aware that they can get away with hiding in attack as long as they chase a couple of hopeless balls a few times a match 

It's the way the crowd seem to lap it up that frustrates me. 

There's no guile to it. 

High pressing is a great tool in the box, but not the whole toolbox, and need full-team commitment. Especially when there's nothing to suggest we're particularly good at it. We're not faster or stronger or quicker-thinking than anyone else in the league. Livi absolutely showed us how to do it when the dominated us at home. 

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

It's the way the crowd seem to lap it up that frustrates me. 

I'd guess it's just desperation from the fans to show support for the players. Like there's so few actual moments of quality to applaud them for so working hard gets a reaction.

A really good example of what our home form has been reduced to.