Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'd guess Dendoncker was signed as he was easy and quick to get, both him and his parent club were agreeable to him not being a regular, hes cheap, and it allows Denham to go out and develop while someone elses youth player festers in our stands. Perhaps unfair though, as its just guesswork.

We then get Ambrose in as a more predictable Kerr replacement of sorts, someone we wouldn't have signed if Kerr hadn't left late in the window.

Dendoncker seems to be out of contract next Summer too, so the club will have plenty of time to evaluate him and see if thats an avenue worth looking into.

Depending on the odds, could definitely be worth a flutter. If he doesn't play with McCart, Gordon and Brown out and Kerr now away, then when will he? 

Hope he comes on as a late sub for no reason at some point just so he becomes one of those impossible answers on Sporcle. A Hart … Krachunov .. Doyle … Clive if you will.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

IMO Gilmour is like Ballantyne really, he needs to be playing every week at this stage of his development. It doesn't help us or him to keep him at the club simply to boost numbers. 6 months of regular football, we take the risk with running a bit low on numbers, and he returns in January ready to go.

October, November, December = 3 months

1 minute ago, double deluxe said:

October, November, December = 3 months

Aye I know, it's just a phrase I've gotten into now tbh, when talking about playing leaving and coming back in January. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Can I ask a quick question? Are you guys still allowed ‘free’ to access a virtual season ticket stream if you cannot attend a home fixture this season due to Covid?

I don't get to many home games despite having a season ticket and I've managed to watch the games on Saints TV.

15 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Hope he comes on as a late sub for no reason at some point just so he becomes one of those impossible answers on Sporcle. A Hart … Krachunov .. Doyle … Clive if you will.

My brain may be making this up, but I'm still convinced that Clive Smith played a whole game against Hearts and he actually played really well, tenacious in the tackle and put some good balls into the box

19 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

My brain may be making this up, but I'm still convinced that Clive Smith played a whole game against Hearts and he actually played really well, tenacious in the tackle and put some good balls into the box

His record at Saints was P2, W2, F4, A0.

Wins against Hearts and Inverness CT in which he played the full 90 both times.

Now playing for Atherton Collieries in the Northern Premier League.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Who was the guy that played at Hamilton? Sure it was the Swanson kicking f**k out of that twat game.

Not sure if it was "that" game, I do once remember Joe Gormley coming on against Hamilton in the second half, shat it when any kind of challenge came in, attempted a lot of backheel flicks and then promptly retired after the game

14 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Not sure if it was "that" game, I do once remember Joe Gormley coming on against Hamilton in the second half, shat it when any kind of challenge came in, attempted a lot of backheel flicks and then promptly retired after the game

Na it was a defender played a blinder, sure it was a right back.

f**k knows, if I was really interested I suppose I'd look it up.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Na it was a defender played a blinder, sure it was a right back.

f**k knows, if I was really interested I suppose I'd look it up.

Aye that was Clive, played 45 minutes, so Beatson’s stats are wrong. 

I actually have a Martin Keown anecdote from Celtic Park. @Zamora Fan

Was queuing to get in his wife had her handbag searched. They found a bottle of water and told her she couldn't take it in.

Imagine the most confused/incredulous look you can and that was Martin's face. He took a huge swig then dumped it in a bin.