Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

Brechin in a close door game tonight.

Floodlights on the now. Sorely tempted to walk the dog past, to try and glimpse Vertainen, but my life is tragic enough without adding that sort of thing to my resume.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Floodlights on the now. Sorely tempted to walk the dog past, to try and glimpse Vertainen, but my life is tragic enough without adding that sort of thing to my resume.

You’ve missed his goal

Tickets available to buy from tomorrow for the Dundee cup game,  and from Friday for the Aberdeen league game, no online purchase facility available need to visit or call ticket office having been able to order tickets online for the match away to part time lower league Arbroath, it's a return to the old fashioned way for these matches away to clubs who are clearly both stuck in the past.

I completely forgot we played Preston in preseason until I listened to the podcast earlier and it got me thinking about if any discussions had been started on enquiries made back then.

5 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-tierney/leistungsdaten/spieler/623740

See that this guy is linked with a move to Scotland in January, any chance he ends up at ourselves? Highly thought of in Ireland

You'd imagine St Mirren have him down as a McGrath replacement, and probably have done for a while. Ireland seems to get poached a lot these days.

I half wonder if Lewis MacLeod is who we'll target as a free agent if MacPherson is out long term? 

Obviously always want us to be as strong as possible but I'd rather we give Ballantyne/Gilmour a go than sign another midfielder. 

You never know how players will do until you play them. Ali McCann could easily have been lost in the sliding doors if not for a mix of fortune and faith. 

If we hadn't been smashed off the park in the first half at Celtic Park, Tommy Wright probably doesn't throw him on and the manager could easily have subbed him at half-time in his first start against Livingston. 

Just 90 minutes later, after his second half performance at Easter Road, he was never going to be out of the side again.

48 minutes ago, Radford said:

Where has he said that? @RandomGuy.

I should probably have more faith in the manager tactically. He's certainly done more than enough to earn that sort of respect. 

The Matthew Gallagher article in the Record, I'm sure.

Never trust what a manager says publicly etc., though.