Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, PauloPerth said:

I'm fine with this signing if it happens. We need to find a way of getting him to play to his potential, but I’m confident we’ve got the coaching staff to do it.

So he can go back to St Mirren when his loan ends and do the business there? 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A window that presented opportunity to strengthen. There was the potential extra £3m if you qualified and you were linked with the likes of Greg Stewart etc.

As it is, you've signed a broken midfielder on a 4 month loan, a couple of players without Wikipedia pages, Glenn Middleton on loan and lost your captain, your regular left back and by far your most potent striker.

Regular LB? We have signed a better striker m8.

You're at it. 

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Yeah, the fact he is reporting it and the £1m figure makes me think it is a genuine chance now, which would be horrific from saints. Brown is smarter than that surely... surely? 

Just now, PauloPerth said:

We have a potent striker?!

Had.

Guy Melamed looked like he could be decent after it took him a wee bit to get up and running. 5 goals in 10 starts in the league, was it not?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

All we now need is for Hibs to panic and throw money at Jamie McCart and St Johnstone are completely fucked.

We're selling McCann for £1m by the sounds of it, means McCart is worth about 20p.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Regular LB? We have signed a better striker m8.

You're at it. 

Tanser.

Who is the better striker? Hadn't even realised you signed a striker tbh.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m fine with this signing if it happens. We need to find a way of getting him to play to his potential, but I’m confident we’ve got the coaching staff to do it.

We'd need to pay a fee to get him permanently at the end of the season regardless. Theres no chance he plays well enough for that to be worthwhile.

Its just yet another short term signing.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Vertainen has 4 in 9 already this season and is twice as fast as Guy.

I have no idea who that guy is and feel like you're trying to whoosh me so I'm just going to ignore you.

For shame.

If we do let McCann go for only £1 million it is serious gross mismanagement and an appalling view on our club and it’s players. Unnecessary panic. Even fans of other teams in Scotland say we should be looking for 3 mill. And that never happens. Sums it up. I can’t believe we’d accept only 1 mill