Jump to content

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hopeful McCann being away on international duty is a real stumbling block 

It won't be. Ryan Christie just joined Bournemouth despite being in Denmark.

I'm hoping hes just being name checked by fans out of hope, but Nixon has been dogged about him all Summer and has mentioned Preston as having a serious interest too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No point having a meltdown really. I don't expect we'll bring in anyone who can improve us short term or long term now, so that'll just be another window wasted.

Club has stood still for 12 months while watching assets contracts slowly expire. With Clarks recent form theres every chance he wants to take a punt at English wages. Gordon won't be ignored either.

Every chance just now we go into next Summer with this squad.

Goalkeepers - Elliot Parish, Ross Sinclair

Defenders - James Brown, Callum Booth

Midfielders - Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Charlie Gilmour

Forwards - Stevie May, Chris Kane, Michael O'Halloran

That would leave an incredible amount of, high quality, business needing done over 2 windows. 

How many clubs sign a new GK, entire backline, completely new CM and wingers in one window and succeed the next season?

Rebuild should've started 6 months ago.

Well, it would make for a pretty settled attacking line up.

I've no fear on lacking players. Roddy is on the case getting contracts all sorted and signing the new players  so we are all good.

(Bloody hope he's not)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nelsjfc said:

Can we stop the talk of the club letting contracts run down etc? It's patently nonsense.

Club could do nothing about it by January, but how many of our players were in demand in October/November last season?

McCart and Rooney are still on the same deals they signed 18 months ago, there was obviously a window there to extend them even further with a wage rise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It won't be. Ryan Christie just joined Bournemouth despite being in Denmark.

I'm hoping hes just being name checked by fans out of hope, but Nixon has been dogged about him all Summer and has mentioned Preston as having a serious interest too.

Just trying to find any way possible to stay relaxed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit boring listening to meltdowns. 

More fun is watching the names recently browsing….  A few dees there

Shout out to The holiday song and Pedrolambada for good name choices

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

More fun is watching the names recently browsing….  A few dees there

Tbh mate this thread is box office for panicking, and it's the perfect storm just now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Club could do nothing about it by January, but how many of our players were in demand in October/November last season?
McCart and Rooney are still on the same deals they signed 18 months ago, there was obviously a window there to extend them even further with a wage rise.
Firstly, and most importantly, there is absolutely no way for you to know they weren't - particularly McCart. We know from previous communications that the club do actively try to tie down players for longer but agents have no interest early on in deals. Indeed, Clark and McCann both were tied down for three years at times where they were emerging.

Secondly, that would have been just three months in to Rooneys two year deal at a point where he'd only had a few shaky appearance. It was also at a time of massive general uncertainty - not least about the league position at the time!

There's criticisms to be made about transfer policy. Just don't think we need to make up non-existent ones.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Well this has been such a boring deadline day I had to propose to provide some excitement.

Hopefully she didn't get into the spirit of deadline day by keeping you hanging until a better offer came in at the last minute...

Congratulations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Firstly, and most importantly, there is absolutely no way for you to know they weren't - particularly McCart. We know from previous communications that the club do actively try to tie down players for longer but agents have no interest early on in deals. Indeed, Clark and McCann both were tied down for three years at times where they were emerging.

Secondly, that would have been just three months in to Rooneys two year deal at a point where he'd only had a few shaky appearance. It was also at a time of massive general uncertainty - not least about the league position at the time!

There's criticisms to be made about transfer policy. Just don't think we need to make up non-existent ones.

You're probably right, the whole thing is just so frustrating though.

12 months ago we had a strong young squad on multi-year deals. A real chance to plan and build for the future. 

That's now gone and we're left with players being sold for fees below their value, and complete panic because we'll have to rebuild the entire side next Summer.

Club has completely fucked it over the past 12 months in terms of planning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...