Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Don't think that's a bad deal actually. Most will look at it as we're losing our captain for £500k, but with less than a year left on his deal, clearly no intention of signing on again and the fact that according to the report the deal could rise, it suggest we've got some decent incentives put into the deal, which hopefully include at least 10% sell on clause. 

As I said previously today, I actually think Kerr is the easiest one in the back 3 to replace, but we definitely need another in if he does go. That being said if they've known a while he was going, you'd hope they've got someone lined up, then again who knows. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Calling it now.
Liam Lindsay.

That'll be left footed Liam Lindsay who only just joined Preston in the summer for a transfer fee....?

I'll give you another go though.

That'll be left footed Liam Lindsay who only just joined Preston in the summer for a transfer fee....?
I'll give you another go though.

I could’ve sworn he’d been there for longer to be honest.

2 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Jamie Hamilton from Accies please.  Year left on his contract, use some of that fee to get him.

Apparently Aberdeen were put off at the price Hamilton quoted, so no way that's a goer, as nice as it would be. 

As much as the Brown's are the best owners of a football club in Scotland, they don't half like to pish on the excitement chips with the 'we're affy poor, more need to go before we can get in' line that they seem to almost subliminally put out when they're not explicitly stating it.

Shite laugh.

Hard to know what to think there.

On one hand it's shite to lose a player like Kerr for £500k on deadline day.

On the other hand getting £500k for a player we wouldn't even get compensation for in 12 months seems a great deal.

Then on one foot you can't help but feel we couldn't lose someone we've put so much development in for nothing.

Don't worry lads, the best defender is still at the club. In fact we've got more than one better than Kerr. Jason can't do much more at Saints anyway, club captain, scores on European debut away to Galatasaray, won the league cup, won the SFA showpiece trophy, in the top 6 etc etc. He could've walked away for nothing and kept his head held high, certainly goes with my best wishes anyway.

Edited by tree house tam
Bad England

Didn't CD say that Liam Gordon was out for a while as well?

The meh thing about Wigan is that it's easy to see them having a bang-average season when they finish in mid-table, they'll decide to change the manager and make wholseale changes next summer and then Kerr inevitably ends up at Hibs or Aberdeen

Don't worry lads, the best defender is still at the club. In fact we've got more than one better than Kerr. Jason can't do much more at Saints anyway, club captain, scores on European debut away to Galatasaray, won the league cup, won the SFA showpiece trophy, in the top 6 etc etc. He could've walked away for nothing and kept his head held high, certainly goes with my best wishes anyway.

This is the thing, he’s earned his move in my eyes and Wigan seem to be a side who’ll push for promotion this season. He’ll be viewing it as a stepping stone and they’re not a club known to hold players back.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

This is the thing, he’s earned his move in my eyes and Wigan seem to be a side who’ll push for promotion this season. He’ll be viewing it as a stepping stone and they’re not a club known to hold players back.

This is very true actually, they don't seem the type of team to stop players moving for bigger teams down south. First thought was Cedric Kipre, who was raw as hell at Motherwell, but got a decent move from Wigan after 18 months to promotion winning West Brom at the time. 

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Any good young CD's coming through the youth system that could be then new Liam or Jason? Feels an area that we seem to do well in developing.

Are well all absolutely sure Katic is away back Croatia as he would be an ideal replacement. 

If not, someone like Deas from ICT might not be a bad replacement for a smallish fee. 

Edited by Theyellowbox