Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Of course there is Nisbet was available for free before Dunfermline. You just need to look hard enough.

Agree Nisbet was not that good for a few years previous to Dunfermline i believe? Also Shankland had a few teams before he came  good at Ayr /United in the championship. so hope for some of these younger players yet.

14 minutes ago, Center half said:

Agree Nisbet was not that good for a few years previous to Dunfermline i believe? Also Shankland had a few teams before he came  good at Ayr /United in the championship. so hope for some of these younger players yet.

He was good for Raith that's when the deal was there to be struck.

Edited by tree house tam

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Quite apprehensive about today…

Don't think you're alone. Not even half past 9 and 14 folk hanging about the thread. 

If we end up on the back of a cup double and 2 sell-out home Euro ties and a soft government loan and not spending any money, you do have to wonder what sort of shape we'd have been in if it had been a normal-ish season with a couple of quarter finals and a 7th place finish. 

The 1000 or so additional ST holders this year will be looking for a player or two to add a bit of sparkle, but I guess holding on to the spine is the main priority. Trust and hope that we'll see some action as the day goes on but if nothing at all happens it's not, in my book, a total disaster. 

9 minutes ago, Center half said:

Nisbet scored 29 in 34 for Raith before leaving on a free 

8 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Don't think you're alone. Not even half past 9 and 14 folk hanging about the thread. 

If we end up on the back of a cup double and 2 sell-out home Euro ties and a soft government loan and not spending any money, you do have to wonder what sort of shape we'd have been in if it had been a normal-ish season with a couple of quarter finals and a 7th place finish. 

The 1000 or so additional ST holders this year will be looking for a player or two to add a bit of sparkle, but I guess holding on to the spine is the main priority. Trust and hope that we'll see some action as the day goes on but if nothing at all happens it's not, in my book, a total disaster. 

We have paid a fee already in this window ...

Would agree that keeping players remains priority but for one reason or another I’ll be amazed if at least one doesn’t leave today. Also in dire need of a different option upfront - whether or not Eetu’s creativity changes that remains to be seen - at the moment, we’re too reliant on Kane and Middleton. 

I guess the problem is that the depth was desperately needed when we had the European games, but now that's gone it's about quality not quantity.

Hoping Crawford's signing means we can loan out Gilmour and/or Ballantyne to get them ready to go in the second half of the season like Kerr and Kane had in the past, Queens would be a decent option again if they have the need

If we come out of today with an overall stronger squad I'll be amazed

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We have paid a fee already in this window ...

This is true. 

I don't think wanting one more and not losing anyone is being particularly greedy though Tam, given the success we've had. As I say though, if absolutely nothing happens today I don't think it's a disaster. 

22 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

When did we sign a Finnish superstar? 

According to Robert Thomson he has signed. 

He also said the delays in work permit are Saints process related. 

Let's be clear. Signing and work permits are two separate things. You can sign players without one. He cant be paraded with scarf etc until he gets a work permit though as that would constitute him working and he cannot work whatsoever. Cant train with us etc. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

13 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

According to Robert Thomson he has signed. 

He also said the delays in work permit are Saints process related. 

Let's be clear. Signing and work permits are two separate things. You can sign players without one. He cant be paraded with scarf etc until he gets a work permit as that would constitute him working and he cannot work whatsoever without the work permit.

There seems to be only one moron who doesn't understand this.

Moaning, not so bright twat.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

There seems to be only one moron who doesn't understand this.

Moaning, not so bright twat.

Does it make you feel good? Abusing people and calling people names because they don’t agree with you? Middle aged man too