Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Screenshot_20210829-222811_Chrome.jpg

So he either breaks the record while scoring the winner at Easter Road, or he breaks the record while scoring the winner v Dundee at McDiarmid?

If theres a god they'll make sure its a Dunfermline-esque thunderb*****d aswell.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Can anybody remember if Liam Craig has had a sustained period out injured at any point in his Saints career? Can only remember the odd niggle here and there 
He lost his reason and went to Hibs for a bit if that counts?

45 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Can anybody remember if Liam Craig has had a sustained period out injured at any point in his Saints career? Can only remember the odd niggle here and there 

Not that I can remember. I knew he was close to the record, but never realised he was that close. Been a great servant to saints in and off the pitch.

Going to be slightly negative here, but it's a shame it has come over 2 spells. In a way, Anderson felt a bit more special as it was all in one go. I think we are/were all glad it outdone Alan Main as for as much as we all liked him, he buggered off chasing the dough and to my knowledge hasn't ever really been back to saints since.

15 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Not that I can remember. I knew he was close to the record, but never realised he was that close. Been a great servant to saints in and off the pitch.

Going to be slightly negative here, but it's a shame it has come over 2 spells. In a way, Anderson felt a bit more special as it was all in one go. I think we are/were all glad it outdone Alan Main as for as much as we all liked him, he buggered off chasing the dough and to my knowledge hasn't ever really been back to saints since.

Davidson would be a far more satisfying record holder than Craig, but am sure injuries will stop him getting there. 

Anderson far greater servant in any event 

36 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Where the hell is this finnish boy then? Feels like that’s been dragging on for ages.

I understand the process is causing issues but silence on the subject since before the Lask first leg. 

Quotes that he may have been available for the United game in the media. Then nothing and no questions put forward to CD about it that I've seen since. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I understand the process is causing issues but silence on the subject since before the Lask first leg. 

Quotes that he may have been available for the United game in the media. Then nothing and no questions put forward to CD about it that I've seen since. 🤷‍♂️

Even if it was sorted today, he will need a few weeks to get anywhere near match sharp. Bonus is that it is the international break now so not missing anything, but he needs to get properly training ASAP.

Must be a bit soul destroying for the young lad. 

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Not sure we all liked Alan Main to be honest.  Certainly a terrific goalkeeper in his first spell anyway.  Likeable is up for debate.  

A few weeks ago, the manager definitely said something along the lines of there being tonnes of good players the club were interested in. 

So I look forward to them delivering some of them tomorrow... 

I mean, they've surely been doing something since May to try and boost our attacking options?