Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

If we get rid of Hendry then that’s great news. A fee would be an absolute robbery. 

Pure speculation but would it be a bad window, in terms of outgoings, if we get say £3m for McCann, £300k for McCart, £30k for Hendry and everyone else stays?

Obviously caveat that it would probably rest on how we replace them, but financially they all feel pretty good. 

Pure speculation but would it be a bad window, in terms of outgoings, if we get say £3m for McCann, £300k for McCart, £30k for Hendry and everyone else stays?
Obviously caveat that it would probably rest on how we replace them, but financially they all feel pretty good. 

Invest in new contracts for Rooney, Kerr, Gordon and Clark before we even consider anything else.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Figure for McCart is light according to what I have heard and club not interested in selling at that price.

McCann will go just a matter of when £3m with add on's seems about right.

Hendry any fee provided add on of % of future selling price - just in case he does a Dobbie!!

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Clearly you would want good sell-on deals (not so much for Hendry obviously) but that's not as bad as things could look. You'd think with that cash, cup money, euro money and pressure taken off the operational costs with the government loan we'd be in a decent position to bring decent quality in. 

Time might be a factor, running out of window.

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Clearly you would want good sell-on deals (not so much for Hendry obviously) but that's not as bad as things could look. You'd think with that cash, cup money, euro money and pressure taken off the operational costs with the government loan we'd be in a decent position to bring decent quality in. 

Time might be a factor, running out of window.

Hope you are on the ground floor then and the window is open.

Edited by Templar Saint

My daily Alan Nixon watch pays off, as he reckons McCann will be staying with us.

Or more specifically "price must drop or he goes nowhere"

I feel that we need a quality striker and that if he got goals then our own strikers would have less pressure on them for goals so it would maybe improve their strike rate as a result. Scoring one goal at best a game is never going to win many games as this season shows.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's no chance you're ever getting £3m - or anywhere near it - for Ali McCann. 

Guess we'll just have to keep him then.

Gutted.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's no chance you're ever getting £3m - or anywhere near it - for Ali McCann. 

He's almost single handedly earned us 2M in prize money in the last 18 months, so another 18 months worth of him balling us to more trophies and European  football and we'll gladly drive him wherever he wants.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder if Hendry to Killie has been done for weeks and it's just waiting on us getting Vertainen in?

Think Scott Burns had said a couple of weeks ago Killie had a deal for a striker pretty much done but was reliant on the selling club finding a replacement. Hendry was the first to spring to mind..

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

And Maximov.

Remember that strange period Saints fans thought we could’ve been in with a shout for either?

I mean in fairness it looks like he to Vardar in Macedonia for a modest fee, then went to Latvia, served a ban for a year so christ knows what he did to earn that and then bounced around a couple of Russian teams and now plays in their 2nd tier. i remember something about the fee when he left Trakai being about £50k so it wouldn't be an outrageous shout to have signed him

Dorley was never happening, seen him linked to Man City in recent years too

I mean in fairness it looks like he to Vardar in Macedonia for a modest fee, then went to Latvia, served a ban for a year so christ knows what he did to earn that and then bounced around a couple of Russian teams and now plays in their 2nd tier. i remember something about the fee when he left Trakai being about £50k so it wouldn't be an outrageous shout to have signed him

I think his banning was to do with dodgy agent dealings.

9 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Saints entered discussions after match with Trakai regarding signing Maximov with guy that was his agent only to find out that someone else owned a piece of him and wanted a cut.  S Brown decided it was too messy and walked away.  He was proved correct with what transpired regarding his transfer which was reason for ban.

Kinda expect this to resolve itself and he’ll be on his way… [emoji53] 

I don’t think so, if the apparent Swansea and Bournemouth links are true, we know they can pay up front and we’d get a decent % sell on.