Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

What's the latest with Vertainen? Feels like it should have been handled by now.

Government website says everything will be processed "usually within 3 weeks" but talks about 8 weeks if you are already in the country. That might mean if you are applying to extend though. 

There is a bit about appointments and I believe that Vertainen maybe has to have one of these. 

He flew to Scotland on 25 July, which is 3 weeks ago tomorrow but the process wouldn't have been started straight away as they'd have needed to get documentation together. 

I think it'll be touch-and-go for getting him registered for Thursday. 

Government website says everything will be processed "usually within 3 weeks" but talks about 8 weeks if you are already in the country. That might mean if you are applying to extend though. 
There is a bit about appointments and I believe that Vertainen maybe has to have one of these. 
He flew to Scotland on 25 July, which is 3 weeks ago tomorrow but the process wouldn't have been started straight away as they'd have needed to get documentation together. 
Cheers, feels like a lifetime ago the rumours started.

6 hours ago, Radford said:

We had similar with Djibril Diani last season. We signed due to COVID related delays he wasn't issued a work visa until around May, unless the Home Office have got their shit together it might be a longer wait based on our experiences. 

Apparently in the papers down that way that Stoke are "furious" we're demanding £3m for McCann and "aren't prepared to pay it".

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently in the papers down that way that Stoke are "furious" we're demanding £3m for McCann and "aren't prepared to pay it".

Another tinpot English club who expect to get their way. Off you pop lads, we'll wait for a more acceptable offer while Ali is winning major trophies and playing against Europes elite.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We had similar with Djibril Diani last season. We signed due to COVID related delays he wasn't issued a work visa until around May, unless the Home Office have got their shit together it might be a longer wait based on our experiences. 

And he signed in the January I presume? Shambles...

UK Gov website talks about a next day decision process if you pay extra for elite sportsman as well 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The way these English clubs conduct themselves is pathetic. It's like they think they have a divine right. If they don't get what they want they start this pish to unsettle the player. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

The English clubs and their cunty fanbases are slowly realising we’re no longer accepting their scraps for players.

One strange advantage of Brexit is its more difficult for them to bring in talent from abroad on the cheap (as we’re discovering) and they’re turning north again. I presume this is why Doig is still at Hibs because whoever’s expressed interest has bolked at their demands.

We’ll ask for what we want and if Stoke aren’t prepared to fork out £3m we’ll go elsewhere that will.

£3m story now online.

First comment is a Stoke fan saying we'd accept £1.5m and "first dibs" on youth players on loan from them.

Mental.

Hope May gets a decent runout today, a goal would do him some good 

Agree, he’s getting in the right positions but has lost the killer edge and confidence he had before moving to England.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

£3m story now online.

First comment is a Stoke fan saying we'd accept £1.5m and "first dibs" on youth players on loan from them.

Mental.

The narrative around this and the sort of language used is pretty weird.

We had the initial "test the resolve" chat around Turnbull when the lowball offers of c.£1.25, £1.5m and £2m were being floated but I don't remember there every being language like you're seeing about McCann.

As @Radford says it's smart to have the £3m figure out there (and for avoidance of doubt that's what I was getting at when I posted in here about Rooney et al a while back). If a club wants him they now know the price that Saints will have a think about - it's up to the buying club to match the valuation.

I said the other day I don’t think we should accept less than 5. Maybe a tad ambitious, but the kid is that good. Him being that good is making me rethink and perhaps look at 3.5m at least, maybe an add-on but 100% can not be missed is a sell-on clause. If he went to a lower English team he’d be snapped for eight figures easily in a few years and that would be worth so much to us with a sell-on clause. So important

10% sell on fee and an extra £500k after 10 NI appearances would do me on top of the initial fee.

I’d also say we should be asking for as much of that fee up front as we can get too especially with how some clubs finances are swinging about just now.