Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Templar said:

You are correct but highly unlikely that is why I ruled BBC out

Unlikely yes but not impossible. The viewing figures for the normal schedule are so dire they might take a punt on it. 

The Championship coverage is their flagship content so you never know.

Edit. Thinking about it I don't expect they're well funded but this shouldn't cost much. Doesn't sound like there's competition for coverage outside Turkey and they might gamble thinking that there would be enough neutral interest / Turkish expat audience to make it worthwhile. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Word on the street is the Scottish Government are doing spot checks on clubs to check the loan money is being spent for the functionality of the business.
A couple of clubs are very concerned about this, given their spending this summer.
Whether this has anything to do with St Mirren pulling out of a deal for James Scott, it wouldn't be for me to say.

Underrated post IMO - wasted outside of the St Mirren thread. Just imagine the seethe…

Almost makes me reminisce about the Captain Sensible v Radford exchanges of the past.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The moronic seethe from Motherwell fans about not being able to attend on Sunday shows how thick they are in that neck of the woods.

What you need to remember is there is the Motherwell way of doing things and the wrong way of doing things. 

Think it’s pretty rich of Saints fans to be mocking Motherwell fans for being disappointed about not getting tickets - considering Saints fans themselves were able to attend Ross County away. Can anyone explain why we couldn’t provide a small allocation to Motherwell fans for the North Stand?

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Think it’s pretty rich of Saints fans to be mocking Motherwell fans for being disappointed about not getting tickets - considering Saints fans themselves were able to attend Ross County away. Can anyone explain why we couldn’t provide a small allocation to Motherwell fans for the North Stand?

Because the council have restricted our numbers to the amount of season ticket holders.

14 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It really is unbelievably simple.

The decision is not the clubs to make. The council are not willing to approve allowing fans who do not have a St. Johnstone season ticket holder into the stadium. 

It really is unbelievably simple.
The decision is not the clubs to make. The council are not willing to approve allowing fans who do not have a St. Johnstone season ticket holder into the stadium. 

Fair enough, so not on the club then. Piss poor from the council tbh. Doesn’t bode well for the European tie.

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Fair enough, so not on the club then. Piss poor from the council tbh. Doesn’t bode well for the European tie.

Exactly what I was thinking. I could be proved wrong but I imagine it'll be as little as possible. 5,000. I guess it depends on what they want proven/evidenced etc but at the moment are apparently demanding a seating plan, if that continues it doesn't look good.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

What you need to remember is there is the Motherwell way of doing things and the wrong way of doing things. 

The way they overspent to a disgusting degree, went into administration and bumped all the creditors and their own staff, then had the brass neck to vote for themselves to stay in the SPL in 2003 was textbook imo. Absolutely fucking textbook.

Edit: Inb4 "yeah but Get IT RiGhT uP the BaIRns thoUgH hur hur"

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

2 hours ago, Radford said:

A club that likes the whiff of their own farts like no other.