Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If anyone was thinking about going to Austria and chancing getting a ticket because its Amber list, they have the UK on their red list so bar the team and the press its no entry possible from the UK at the moment.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements

Serbia is also amber but all you would need is a PCR 48 hours before arrival

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/serbia/entry-requirements

Drey Wright was no better than George Williams. Could skip past a man twice a match and get you off your seat, before inevitably tapping his shot straight at the keeper/ballooning his cross into the stand.

That would be fine if he wasn't demanding to be first choice and the highest earners at the club.

If a winger looks better as a wing back, then that's not a good thing.

I'd pass on Wright, hard, and look for someone cheaper, better, younger, and less likely to have their knee explode.

I really wish we’d get our finger out with some signings or it’s going to cost us a chance at the group stages. Absolutely criminal that we’ve started the season with the attackers we have. We’ve known for months when these fixtures were 

6 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I really wish we’d get our finger out with some signings or it’s going to cost us a chance at the group stages. Absolutely criminal that we’ve started the season with the attackers we have. We’ve known for months when these fixtures were 

I'm not sure this first tie is really winnable regardless of who we sign tbh. I think we could maybe somehow squeeze a home result out it, but realistically we'll likely end up 2/3 down on aggregate after both games.

The Conference League Play-Off is the biggest one, and its still over two weeks away.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not sure this first tie is really winnable regardless of who we sign tbh. I think we could maybe somehow squeeze a home result out it, but realistically we'll likely end up 2/3 down on aggregate after both games.

The Conference League Play-Off is the biggest one, and its still over two weeks away.

I’d still put us as massive underdogs if LASK are indeed the team we end up facing. Look a very handy team. Best chance we’ll ever get at group stage football, but if there’s ever a Saints team to upset the odds, it’s this one!

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We’d have a better chance of beating teams if we didn’t have Callum Hendry starting games 

20 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

It's not like buying a tin of beans off a shelf...

We struggled to score goals last season and were about to head into two massive games with Galatasray with an attack that’s worse than last seasons. 

7 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

We struggled to score goals last season and were about to head into two massive games with Galatasray with an attack that’s worse than last seasons. 

I'm still trying to work out why we've given MOH a 2 year deal. That's the most bamboozling thing of the whole summer 🤣

Davidson seemed pretty confident he'd have two bodies in for this game. Wonder who the second was and what happened? I don't mind waiting for Eetu, looks worth it given potential etc and the fact we need to deal with covid and brexit. Would still like to see Middleton back.