Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Here’s another question. How fit is he going to be? He was never the most athletic player and if he’s done a Swanson and put on the pounds might take him a while to get up to speed!

I don't think players are allowed to be unfit under Gerrard. He'll have put him on some nutrition plan etc., the moment Stewart joined them.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, he came into the full time game late. Received his first full time contract from us at 24 and has rightfully chased the money ahead of glory ever since. Just look at the way he shafted Killie for Aberdeen.

If he's all about the money he won't be signing for Saints. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think players are allowed to be unfit under Gerrard. He'll have put him on some nutrition plan etc., the moment Stewart joined them.

If you can get past the cringetastic statement of him saying he never had a good night sleep in 2 year because he was desperate to help Rangers win 55 (he played 38 minutes) - what a fucking minter - then you'll see that you shouldn't be getting a Swanson type as he says as much as you've posted:

I’m coming away from Rangers physically stronger, fitter, more tactically aware and a better player because it’s at an elite level.

“It’s an elite football club from the fitness coaches to the backroom staff and people like Mick, who’s a top coach.

“Even the gaffer has said it could take him 20 years to get to the coaching level of Mick. I learned a lot from him. The way Rangers play is top level stuff and I’ll be taking a lot of notes down from Mick’s sessions.

“I’ll be getting it in the notepad, for when my coaching days come around.

“People questioned my fitness before going there and I probably did it myself.

“But I learned so much, in terms of what to do off the field. I learned what’s good and bad for you.

It’s wee things that you don’t often consider. You just think it’s a case of turning up and playing football, but it’s not when you get to that level. You need to look after yourself and I’ve hardly been out with my mates at all.

“I didn’t have a social life for two years at Rangers. That was because of the dedication I had to put in just to be at a club like that.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/greg-stewart-breaks-rangers-silence-24357120

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

If you can get past the cringetastic statement of him saying he never had a good night sleep in 2 year because he was desperate to help Rangers win 55 (he played 38 minutes) - what a fucking minter - then you'll see that you shouldn't be getting a Swanson type as he says as much as you've posted:

I’m coming away from Rangers physically stronger, fitter, more tactically aware and a better player because it’s at an elite level.

“It’s an elite football club from the fitness coaches to the backroom staff and people like Mick, who’s a top coach.

“Even the gaffer has said it could take him 20 years to get to the coaching level of Mick. I learned a lot from him. The way Rangers play is top level stuff and I’ll be taking a lot of notes down from Mick’s sessions.

“I’ll be getting it in the notepad, for when my coaching days come around.

“People questioned my fitness before going there and I probably did it myself.

“But I learned so much, in terms of what to do off the field. I learned what’s good and bad for you.

It’s wee things that you don’t often consider. You just think it’s a case of turning up and playing football, but it’s not when you get to that level. You need to look after yourself and I’ve hardly been out with my mates at all.

“I didn’t have a social life for two years at Rangers. That was because of the dedication I had to put in just to be at a club like that.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/greg-stewart-breaks-rangers-silence-24357120

Yeah Gerrard has transformed them behind the scenes.

FWIW I don't expect Stewart to join us, this'll rumble on for a week or two and then he'll join Hearts or something when they panic about a lack of signing and chuck money at him.

I'm just enjoying an up moment before the inevitable low when we sell Rooney for £100k and replace him with James Brown.

2 minutes ago, McG said:

Don’t get too excited champ 😉

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW I don't expect Stewart to join us.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Gerrard has transformed them behind the scenes.

FWIW I don't expect Stewart to join us, this'll rumble on for a week or two and then he'll join Hearts or something when they panic about a lack of signing and chuck money at him.

I'm just enjoying an up moment before the inevitable low when we sell Rooney for £100k and replace him with James Brown.

Think a lot is to do with that Michael Beale. Heard a lot of good things about him in addition to Stewart's comments. McPake has admitted that Beale and Strachan are his two go to guys for advice as well. 

Sure a few people go to him for advice.

We'd be better off funding a Rooney replacement than signing Stewart if I'm honest. 
Brown, solid but if we have him & Booth in the one team we won't be offering much attacking threat!
Hence we are looking at more attacking players. If Rooney goes maybe Callum will change tactics etc. If we get the chance to sign Stewart, we take it. Ideal player, can play multiple positions and a game changer. We are going to lose spoony a few games due to international duty/travel so having someone like Stewart can allow him to be rested etc.
Think after the season we had, I think we all just need to trust callum and his backroom team to get things right with recruitment.

I’m not sure I can see us signing Stewart to be honest. That’s a lot of money to put into a player who’s barely kicked a ball in 2 years. Would like him because I think he’d fit Davidson’s preferred shape really well but I can’t see it personally. 

I don't think Stewart will end up in Perth. Saints might have asked the question but doubt it's gone further than that.

Dont think he fits the profile that two of the three men who have a say will be looking for. Stevie Grieve will have been brought in to source value and it's hard to make the case that Greg Stewart will represent that.

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Greg Stewart will not be signing for St Johnstone.

Can you imagine Steve Browns face when Greg Stewarts agent came back and said he wanted £250k a season 😭

Started trying to profile keepers btw.

Clark.thumb.png.621b747506a6b936f561ab70bb296c9d.png

Clark v the other keepers in the league last season. Small size of database makes things look worse than they are due to outliers etc., but still...

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Started trying to profile keepers btw.

Clark.thumb.png.621b747506a6b936f561ab70bb296c9d.png

Clark v the other keepers in the league last season. Small size of database makes things look worse than they are due to outliers etc., but still...

What was Seigrist like in comparison?

Edited by tree house tam