Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

First time I've been able to watch us live in about two years, my christ our movement and decision making in the final third is beyond brutal. Not slipping the pass inbehind when the strikers make a run, followed by high hopefuly punts towards the corners when they have their back to goal and walking back towards the ball so giving up several yards by the time they turn and run after it.

Hendy and Kane look way too similar to be playing as a partnership, both going up against a man and looking for a physical battle but limited dropping short, no real movement in behind and not strong enough in the air to win it that way

Defence was outstanding though, McCart was always a couple of seconds ahead of their players when it came to anticipitating, Kerr looked a bit rusty but was also seeing a lot of the bal with zero movement in front of him.

Thought MOH looked sharp and is the better choice to start just now, really need someone ruthless in the final third, either in the sense of looking to make incisive runs and shooting when the chance arises or someone who is willing to take a risk with the ball and actually play some progressive passes

Bet that place will be rocking!
Hopefully on TV or stream somewhere!!!

Actually that is a fair point.
Would BT or Premier sports be interested in picking it up? I know they didn’t pick up either Hibs or Aberdeen’s matches last week.

Additional rules that allowed the game to happen.

"Mitigations include a ban on away fans at each game; a maximum 48-hour stay for travelling clubs; a requirement to remain in the team bubble; and three mandatory PCR tests for each individual travelling."

Funny how they banned away fans. They're not allowed anyway 🤣

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Actually that is a fair point.
Would BT or Premier sports be interested in picking it up? I know they didn’t pick up either Hibs or Aberdeen’s matches last week.

There's apparently a Galatasaray TV channel (proper channel as well) that shows live games. Maybe Saints TV could get a source from there at very minimum. Who knows!

Ive not much faith in Premier Sport though. 

Would be brilliant if either that or as you say a proper channel. Saints fans could then at least watch it in the pub together 🤞

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I remember watching us play Alashkert on a very dodgy stream at work. I’d stayed behind late and more than likely riddled there work computer with every virus on the planet.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Premier Sports are currently showing a Celtic friendly rather than a game from the domestic cup they sponsor, so...

Presuming non season ticket sales are allowed into the game and there's no attendance limit, what should Saints charge?
£22 like normal?
Increase slightly?
£20 and try and pack it out?

£15 for season ticket holders (only renewing season ticket holders got a free ticket) and £22 for non season ticket holders.

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Presuming non season ticket sales are allowed into the game and there's no attendance limit, what should Saints charge?

£22 like normal?

Increase slightly?

£20 and try and pack it out?

£22?

Is the East not more than that? The west certainly is.

Hope the club skin is tbh. Take my money St Johnstone, just name your price. 

I’d tend to agree, but considering it’s the first game with (potentially) no restrictions I’d say they should be pushing out the boat and trying to pack it.

£30 a ticket pls.

Isn't so expensive it'll put fans off going, expensive enough to make the club money, but also expensive enough it'll put off those "experience" chasing weirdo neutrals who sit on their hands all game tutting at anyone who speaks, then leave 10 minutes before the end.

Win, win, win.