Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

All season ticket holders getting in on Saturday , book tickets online 

Does it work for you?

Just tried and after inserting the barcode I cant get any further. "No Event found"

Might not be switched on yet though.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, csteinle said:

Anyone still waiting for their season tickets? Renewed back in May but I know they've been in seemingly random order.

Cant be many still waiting?! 

I'm sure they'll sort you out on the phone though. They could potentially tell you your barcode so you can enter it at least? 

At the moment the site isnt working anyway

2 hours ago, Radford said:

That is Stevie Grieve confirmed by the club. There is something of an irony in the appointment though. When Saints lost at home to Partick Thistle (Dave McMillan's first game) in January 2018, Grieve did a very scathing analysis on Saints and Tommy Wright. A few days later, after we played at Albion Rovers, TW spoke on the radio about the need for new faces with only a few days left of the window (we got Willock and Williams) but washed his hands of the whole recruitment process, saying he wasn't taking the blame for that window and how the club needed someone heading up recruitment. I'm not sure at that time you'd have got much value in it being Stevie Grieve!

What TW said made sense, how we'd worked hard to improve the science side but needed to focus on recruitment, so it wasn't all left on him to identify targets, get them watched (usually by calling in favours) then giving a list to the board, who no doubt had to score off most for financial reasons. 

So this has been a long time coming but should make a big difference. SG can obviously identify players but do so much ground work as well so time isn't wasted. Saints have been very poor, IMO, at closing our deals over the past few years especially but this should improve the process. 

And even if the worst happened and we were relegated and had to cut back, at least they should be in a position to easily re-establish these sort of roles if the time came now they've finally reached over the hurdle of doing it for the first time. 

Will be interesting to see if our transfer strategy alters but that will need buy-in from the manager and the chairman. 

Interesting that he is stating he is coming back to the club he supports when his profile on Pie and Bovril suggests otherwise!!!!!!!! Undercover *** found:

8B6CEB12-4BE8-4157-B948-9D98E7335A17.thumb.jpeg.960e1aa53c89d329cc8b8a5dd1202ff9.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Cant be many still waiting?! 

I'm sure they'll sort you out on the phone though. They could potentially tell you your barcode so you can enter it at least? 

At the moment the site isnt working anyway

Sounds like they've been lost/delayed in the post. Been emailed the barcodes and re-printed tickets ordered, so all good.

50 minutes ago, csteinle said:

Anyone still waiting for their season tickets? Renewed back in May but I know they've been in seemingly random order.

Yeah still not got mine, emailed the club a few days ago as instructed but no idea if they even got the email. Will try and phone tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, Templar said:

A couple of questions>

Does the away team have a say where the away tie is played or is it the homes teams decision?

Does it have to be a UEFA  approved stadium? 

Not 100% sure but what i took from reading it was each club is responsible for arranging the alternative venue for their respective ties so I don't think they could just say no to every venue we come up with etc (although the clubs might get together and mutually agree a location). Uefa then need to approve it.

According to the courier Uefa could also decide to convert it to a single 1 off tie. Wouldn't be against that personally. Especially since there wont be a home game.

Again for those who a particularly keen to read more. Uefa's rules on it are here :- https://documents.uefa.com/v/u/BnDfKqZ_V9v_fMBLGLpf6A

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

34 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Ticket purchased for Saturday.
Very excited to get back to Mcdiarmid.

Any idea if you're getting your actual season ticket seat or just randomly allocated any seat?

This is a make or break question for my dad 😂

Any idea if you're getting your actual season ticket seat or just randomly allocated any seat?
This is a make or break question for my dad [emoji23]

You can choose the seat you want. Mines wasn’t available so I just chose a random one.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

You can choose the seat you want. Mines wasn’t available so I just chose a random one.

Cheers, looks like I'll not be going anyway, as you need the code off your season ticket card and mines still hasn't arrived yet 😅

The best decision would be both clubs agreeing to a location central for the 2 legs.

Switzerland would be a fairly easy venue for both sides to reach. As would Czechia, Slovakia, Poland, Germany or Croatia.

Would it? Given that we are already having to shell out 50k I say f**k the Turks and get this game at the nearest possible option for us to get to i.e Ireland. Aviva Stadium massive.