Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Melamed too, not even a contest between the two clubs financially, so I'm not getting any hopes up of either coming back.

St Mirren seem to be going pretty much all in this season.

They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery to be fair. Not sure the guys being chased are the ones most key to our success but can’t blame St Mirren for chasing the dream. 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Absolute common knowledge in football circles that every penny of St Mirren's government loan has gone into the playing budget. 

Their fans reluctance to believe this is amazing.

They'll finish 6th with the 5th biggest wage spend in the country and claim success.

I remember this so well. My work refused to give me the time off to go, but I managed to discover a dodgy stream of it from Norway.

The commentators reaction to Wrights goal was beautiful. Don’t speak Norwegian but the sudden silence after he scored was hilarious.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I remember this so well. My work refused to give me the time off to go, but I managed to discover a dodgy stream of it from Norway.

The commentators reaction to Wrights goal was beautiful. Don’t speak Norwegian but the sudden silence after he scored was hilarious.

I was lucky enough to be there.

Was quite a weird experience in the ground as well. Sort of the same weird silence for a second as well. We were all in the corner of the stand opposite the camera up the other end. "Has that gone in... It has!!!!!!!!"

Home ends had huge empty spaces. I got the impression they thought they'd breeze past us and assumed because they'd made the champions League in recent seasons. Some of their fans in the tier above us applaud us 🤣

There was a big spread of all the Saints fans in the local press the next day as well. I bought it at the time. Couldn't read it so it was for the photos. Can't find it now though 🙁

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Outstanding. 

Both Tanser and Melamed promised the earth and big money down south.

One ends up I'm Paisley, and the other Grimsby. 

Spoiler

So it's gone from Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth being interested in him to training with a club who have just been relegated from the English league two into the Conferance....When he could have been playing European football with us...Way to go Clive.

1 minute ago, The Marly said:
5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
Away from first to PSV or Gallallalatssarrryyyy

Away from home in the 2nd leg is important in terms of fans as hopefully that extra week allows even more fans. 

We are at home in the second leg aren't we?

Yeah. Meant to say away from home in 1st leg. 

Or at home for the second leg. Instead I mixed the two