Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Closed door games mean nothing.

But still, this is a truly outrageous goal:

The one thing Scottish football didn't want. Double winners St Johnstone having a revitalised cocky Stevie May up front...

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

I'm in Row B in the North Stand, right in the corner, so the one positive is it's a decent entry time. Utterly shite view and sitting on my own, which is kind of putting me off driving through from Edinburgh for it. Had an early entry time for one of the Hampden games in the Euros and it was fucking brutal sitting there for almost 2 hours before the game. Even if I could make it in time, there's no chance I'd be going if I was the early time slot. 

I'll probably see how work is going during the day before making a decision on whether I go or not.  

Time slots are advisory,anyone with a ticket will get in,SLO  on twitter 

7 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Time slots are advisory,anyone with a ticket will get in,SLO  on twitter 

Hidden in her comments though.

11 hours until kick off and there's still folk with no idea if they can go as they've not received their ticket yet, and the club are still telling them if they don't arrive within their time slot then they'll miss out, so they don't know if they'll make it in time.

It's been a farce.

Edited by RandomGuy.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hidden in her comments though.

11 hours until kick off and there's still folk with no idea if they can go as they've not received their ticket yet, and the club are still telling them if they don't arrive within their time slot then they'll miss out, so they don't know if they'll make it in time.

It's been a farce.

But Wembley, rugby, tennis, racing, snooker, darts all get bigger crowds, some indoors. That’s the real farce.

8 minutes ago, andrewh said:

But Wembley, rugby, tennis, racing, snooker, darts all get bigger crowds, some indoors. That’s the real farce.

That doesn't excuse how poorly Saints have organised this.

It's been about 3 week since the friendly was announced and the last update on restrictions, yet the ballot wasn't done until a few days before the match, and folk still don't have tickets on the day of the game yet.

It's been about 3 week since the friendly was announced and the last update on restrictions, yet the ballot wasn't done until a few days before the match, and folk still don't have tickets on the day of the game yet.

Complete shambles.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And still no official line on PPV for the game I have seen. Honestly at this point Preston are getting my fiver either way 

38 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Wouldn't be a St  Johnstone pre-season if folk weren't moaning about everything tbf.

It's a training game against Preston lads, have a word with yourselves.

First game fans can get to in 18 months, and first game since the double cup win, and Saints can't even be organised enough to get tickets to fans before the day of the game despite having a month to prepare.

They get criticised every Summer because they generally make an arse of something. If I were St Johnstone and wanted to avoid criticism calling me a clownshoe, I'd simply act like a professional football club and not rely on 2 people in the office and volunteers.

Edited by RandomGuy.

48 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

And still no official line on PPV for the game I have seen. Honestly at this point Preston are getting my fiver either way 

It's the basic stuff that let's them down constantly. 

8 hours until kick off.

Still people haven't had their tickets emailed to them. People been phoning since half 9 this morning and claiming they haven't been able to get through.

I repeat, the game was confirmed 3 weeks ago.

The club are so, so, lucky a large chunk of our support are willing to just ignore how amateur the club is run with things like this because we win lots of games.

I’m less bothered by the ticketing thing mainly because it should be a one off situation and it’s ridiculous they and we are having to jump through nonsense hoops to achieve 1/10th capacity.

The lack of a stream - especially when one is obviously available - is a nonsense though, especially when half our ST holders can’t get into the game.

2 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Club officially confirms we won't be streaming a home game v Preston because of "issues" and it's audio only. 

Preston are saying they're streaming the match live through the own service though...

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’m less bothered by the ticketing thing mainly because it should be a one off situation and it’s ridiculous they and we are having to jump through nonsense hoops to achieve 1/10th capacity.

The restrictions have been there for 3 weeks.

The game has been arranged for at least 3 weeks.

Season tickets have been on sale for months.

There's no excuse for the club not having tickets to everyone attending 7 hours before kick off, especially when it's a capped attendance and they're just having to email tickets rather than physically send them.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They get criticised every Summer because they generally make an arse of something. If I were St Johnstone and wanted to avoid criticism calling me a clownshoe, I'd simply act like a professional football club and not rely on 2 people in the office and volunteers.

Of course they can do things better but I generally think they get a lot more right than wrong. If having 2 people in the office and volunteers gives us a chance of keeping this double trophy winning squad together then I'm all for it. Getting yourself in a state about a pre-season friendly in which we'll be giving almost the whole squad a run out, against pishy English opposition in a glorified training match, is really something. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

If having 2 people in the office and volunteers gives us a chance of keeping this double trophy winning squad together then I'm all for it. 

Please don't pretend that St Johnstone, one of the most successful clubs in the country over the past decade with turnover in the millions, can't afford to hire more office staff without slashing the playing budget.