Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That'll f**k it, then.

Wild I can sit in a restaurant beside him for 2hrs but can't sit near him outside.

Interesting to see that. Our ballot seems to have a different approach with "Household Groups"

HOUSEHOLD GROUPS

You can apply to sit in a group of up to four people from up to four separate households.

If you wish to do this, you must apply for tickets on behalf of everyone you wish to sit with at this stage. They must also be season ticket holders.

To add other season ticket holders to your application, select add another member.

If they are already on your network, select the people you want to add.

If they aren’t in your network, select outside of your network and enter their customer number and surname.

Due to our limited capacity, we can’t guarantee where you’ll be seated inside Fir Park. You will be allocated seats in one of our three open stands. At the moment, our Phil O’Donnell Stand will not be open for these matches, but season ticket holders in this stand can still apply for seats elsewhere in the stadium.

Link

Clearly that's absolutely f**k all consolation to you given you're neither a Motherwell supporter or ST holder but it's a curious difference in how it's set up.

21 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Interesting to see that. Our ballot seems to have a different approach with "Household Groups"

Clearly that's absolutely f**k all consolation to you given you're neither a Motherwell supporter or ST holder but it's a curious difference in how it's set up.

I'll phone Saints tomorrow and ask, hopefully they can do something.

Be shite to wait so long for a match then I can't even sit next to him for "reasons".

1200 fans kept season tickets on last season despite not getting to see a single game, doing it to support the club financially during a tough time.

The first opportunity for supporters to get in the ground, f**k it lets have a completely random ballot which results in folk who have bought tickets because the club just won two cups getting to go ahead of supporters who have been ST holders for years.  

To be honest, I'm not massively bothered about a pre season friendly against Preston if the arrangements are as they sound in terms of timings and seating arrangements, but if football clubs were any other business they'd have gone bust years ago as 'customers' would jut tell them to do one.

Would have been quite funny in non-covid times with a few hundred away fans to taunt about Italy's success!

2 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Aye, another notch in the "this is a really simple thing, how's it gone wrong?" bedpost this Summer for the club.

Still no fixture list on the website. Squad list still has players who have left. History pages of the club have no mention of the double. No official update of the season ticket situation.

1200 fans kept season tickets on last season despite not getting to see a single game, doing it to support the club financially during a tough time.
The first opportunity for supporters to get in the ground, f**k it lets have a completely random ballot which results in folk who have bought tickets because the club just won two cups getting to go ahead of supporters who have been ST holders for years.  
To be honest, I'm not massively bothered about a pre season friendly against Preston if the arrangements are as they sound in terms of timings and seating arrangements, but if football clubs were any other business they'd have gone bust years ago as 'customers' would jut tell them to do one.
Would have been quite funny in non-covid times with a few hundred away fans to taunt about Italy's success!

Not having a Saints stream tomorrow night and this ballot shambles is a slap in the face of every true supporter. I got a seat in the ballot but am not going due to all the rules etc. But I have not been provided with a simple way of telling the club I’m not going so they could give my pass to someone else. How can you give up something you have not got yet. Terrible terrible shambles in administration.
I will have to buy a stream from Preston which is ridiculous for the first match since the cup final.
So very disappointed in the club.

6 minutes ago, akuram said:

Not having a Saints stream tomorrow night and this ballot shambles is a slap in the face of every true supporter. I got a seat in the ballot but am not going due to all the rules etc. But I have not been provided with a simple way of telling the club I’m not going so they could give my pass to someone else. How can you give up something you have not got yet. Terrible terrible shambles in administration.
I will have to buy a stream from Preston which is ridiculous for the first match since the cup final.
So very disappointed in the club.

The one thing that consoles me is that despite us often making a mess of things off the park, we are fucking phenomenal on it.

I would always far prefer it that way than the opposite, which is what a lot of supporters of our rivals have to contend with.

55 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That's exactly how I feel about it but not bothered expressing it. It's a friendly so meh not going to bother. It just goes in one ear and out the other anyway. 

If I was asked to go at half 5 or whatever time it is even if I had a ticket I would be sacking it as well.

Would have been significantly easier for them to sort out as well. No nonsense ballots etc.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, another notch in the "this is a really simple thing, how's it gone wrong?" bedpost this Summer for the club.

Still no fixture list on the website. Squad list still has players who have left. History pages of the club have no mention of the double. No official update of the season ticket situation.

That's what happens when the vast majority of the media team are unpaid school kids. 

I do wonder if the site requires paying supplier for updates or lacking in time/IT skills to update in house. Just speculating though.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Had Saints adopted the policy as stated last season regarding restrictive access of supporters, viz: If due to covid numbers of supporters allowed entry to the stadium is restricted then it will be based on when orders for season tickets were placed eg 1000 limit then the first 1000 season tickets purchased would gain entry.  This would mean that supporters who renewed their ticket would get entry.

A ballot as others have indicated means that new season tickets or glory hunters where given an opportunity to get to this the first home match for over a season.

The timing for those who were successful and cannot attend notifying the club so that someone else could attend is far too tight.

Not our best performance to our loyal fans.

Had Saints adopted the policy as stated last season regarding restrictive access of supporters, viz: If due to covid numbers of supporters allowed entry to the stadium is restricted then it will be based on when orders for season tickets were placed eg 1000 limit then the first 1000 season tickets purchased would gain entry.  This would mean that supporters who renewed their ticket would get entry.
A ballot as others have indicated means that new season tickets or glory hunters where given an opportunity to get to this the first home match for over a season.
The timing for those who were successful and cannot attend notifying the club so that someone else could attend is far too tight.
Not our best performance to our loyal fans.

Exactly my point.

31 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I know a guy who got a call today offering him a ticket,so it’s happening,that refusals  are being reallocated 

I’m away just now so refused mine. Hopefully others did the same.

I'm in Row B in the North Stand, right in the corner, so the one positive is it's a decent entry time. Utterly shite view and sitting on my own, which is kind of putting me off driving through from Edinburgh for it. Had an early entry time for one of the Hampden games in the Euros and it was fucking brutal sitting there for almost 2 hours before the game. Even if I could make it in time, there's no chance I'd be going if I was the early time slot. 

I'll probably see how work is going during the day before making a decision on whether I go or not.