Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Liam Gordon is obviously the best defender at the club, it's not even debatable. 

Yes, yes it is, it's just none of us can be arsed arguing with you. :D 

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Liam Gordon is obviously the best defender at the club, it's not even debatable. 

McCart IMO.

Best in the air, best on the ball, best in the tackle.

Stoke City are bankrolled by the Coates family who own Bet 365. There female CEO got a £ 420 million bonus last year.

I hope the one million pound fee getting banded about in the press is way of the mark to what Saints would demand.

Edited by Old Pack

That's outstanding news. A full season of him is promising, was just starting to find his way as the season ended.

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Rotherham have had a £200k bid rejected for Shaun Rooney.

Could be some rebuild on the cards this summer bois.

I'm not saying he's worth obscene amounts of money but having the audacity to make such a poor offer really is something after the season he's had and shows the attitude of some of these English clubs towards clubs up here. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Had hoped we'd maybe get a few games in the flesh with this side tbh, horrible feeling it'll be ripped apart before the season even starts.

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm not saying he's worth obscene amounts of money but having the audacity to make such a poor offer really is something after the season he's had and shows the attitude of some of these English clubs towards clubs up here. 

Paying the price for years of selling ourselves short.

He'll leave for nothing in 12 months, so what do you do? Take the money you're offered or use that 12 months and hope you earn more thanks to his performances?

Would guess Kerr, McCart, and Rooney are all well aware they'll earn multiples what we can offer from interested clubs in England, so won't have much interest at all in extending. 

All about having a plan in place for when that happens, as successful teams don't keep their best players. Club apparently see Gilmour as a potential McCann replacement, and were proactive in getting him in and settled. Presumably means they've also had plans in place for Rooney/Kerr leaving. See what happens I guess.

I think the worry is, as it always is, the agents get in their heads already. With a year left you’re left with a decision unless they players are willing to sign a new deal already. Your already on a count down, however in Rooney’s case, there’s not no chance he’s wanting to leave before he has a shot at bodying some millionaire international leftback!

Not really sure what Rooney is worth, but if we do get decent money for both McCann and Kerr then I would argue it's better to ignore the money and lose him next summer to avoid a total overhaul being required

Problem is that his stock will never be higher so depends how much he pushes to leave