Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 hours ago, Widge said:

There’s zero chance saints take 1 million for McCann, that’s a total nonstarter and it’s a little worrying that someone’s even thought that was a logical thing to report on. Given the chairman and the manager have both come out publicly and said we want over our record transfer fee, it’s just the media trying to stir things up in a pretty boring market right now. We’d get a million if he had 12 months left on his deal, never mind 24! 

I’ve seen this exact post on 3 other websites now, not posted by Widge. 

It’s a good post, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not sure it’s worth trying to pass it off as your own work all over the Saints related internet. :lol: 

Nobody will understand the pain in my heart when we witness Jake Doyle-Hayes and Luke McCowan playing against Saints in both matches against the Dundee sides next season, btw.

Nobody will understand the pain in my heart when we witness Jake Doyle-Hayes and Luke McCowan playing against Saints in both matches against the Dundee sides next season, btw.

I spent way too much money buying McCowan for Saints in a football manager almost entirely based off your posts and he has been pish, fwiw.

4 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

I spent way too much money buying McCowan for Saints in a football manager almost entirely based off your posts and he has been pish, fwiw.

Same tbh.

I'm not even convinced he'll be a success at Dundee, depends how they use him.

Just the principle of the thing. All we need now is Scougall and Swanson to rock up at the two clubs to complete the set.

On 27/06/2021 at 09:03, Radford said:

Haven't seen any print versions of McCann story but apparently there are quotes along the lines of Stoke trying to raise the "£1 million" needed to get him. Would be very, very disappointed if Saints sold him for that sort of money. 

Whether it's Alan Nixon's story in the The Sun I'm not sure but same paper saying Oxford, Wigan and Hibs are keen on Jason Kerr as well. 

If Kerr isn't going to sign a new deal, we certainly need a number of clubs very keen to push up the price on that one. 

If McCann was available for that kind of money (and I don't believe he is fwiw) then i'd be massively disappointed if Rangers didn't sign him.

If McCann was available for that kind of money (and I don't believe he is fwiw) then i'd be massively disappointed if Rangers didn't sign him.

£2m has to be the starting figure for any of our players. Just hang up unless they are prepared to pay the going rate for double cup winners.

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

I’ve seen this exact post on 3 other websites now, not posted by Widge. 

It’s a good post, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not sure it’s worth trying to pass it off as your own work all over the Saints related internet. :lol: 

Think it's confirmation that I am the most sensible and level headed saints fan on any site. I mean I already knew it, but the clarification is always nice. 

I spotted it on WAP, but that's about it. If you're going to steal posts at least change a few words. :D 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I think of lot of English clubs are going to slowly realise with Brexit the Scottish market isn’t going to be the cheap option it once was.

I guess it might take some time to see how it affects the market, but surely it just means more clubs fighting over the same players, therefore pushing prices up and allowing McCann to go for an 8 figure fee

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Good news I'd say. Not as good going forward as Rooney and prone to the odd lapse in concentration but has the makings of a decent player. 

He appeals to be beyond that as well as it seems from the outside anyway that he genuinely wants to play for us.

Pleasing that were not being used to bargain a better deal elsewhere or last resort deal for a player as no one else came in.

Gotta say, I did love the club put out regarding the double cup winners being back training, only for the second player to be Callum Hendry on his own. Oops, that's a bit awkward!

Also choo choo

Just now, Widge said:

Gotta say, I did love the club put out regarding the double cup winners being back training, only for the second player to be Callum Hendry on his own. Oops, that's a bit awkward!

Also choo choo

Me too, braw

36 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Also choo choo

Me too, braw.

Twitter randoms saying Stoke have bid £800k for McCann (maybe mixed lines and the "£1m" fee quoted is on top of the £800k?), and a couple of twitter randoms saying Kerr to Wigan is pretty far along.

Hopefully the old Head of Recruitment left a couple of names on the managers desk before he left...

Also, the young striker Max Kucheriavyi seems to be getting focused on in the pre-season photos, and think he's in the latest Twitter post too.

Was here last season, and never heard any talk of him, so that's interesting I guess 😂