Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

44 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm going back to my source about this.

@The Real Saints Is this true?

I'm pretty sure that I saw one of the Kaylors estimating it to be around 1200 on Twitter, and I trust the Kaylors (particularly Bev) with my life. It might have just been a complete guess though.

Edited by The Real Saints

Slight panic at the news "Saints sign Curtis Main", thankfully it's not us. Did make me wonder how delightful yet horrific a front two of he and Chris Kane would be. Obviously no goal threat but the defenders would be getting smashed all over the place!

16 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm pretty sure that I saw one of the Kaylors estimating it to be around 1200 on Twitter, and I trust the Kaylors (particularly Bev) with my life. It might have just been a complete guess though.

I'm backing you here. It sounded like Steve Brown's comments were just a ball park figure on how many we usually sell.  Its all going to seem irrelevant when we're packing them in next season anyway.

Looking at the possible draws for Europe, noticed that Lucerne won the Swiss Cup this season. Still think that was up there with the best away supports in terms of colour and noise we've seen at McDiarmid over the past 10 years.  Would be brilliant to get a tie against a side able to bring a big away support.  Tottenham would be brilliant, home and away.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm backing you here. It sounded like Steve Brown's comments were just a ball park figure on how many we usually sell.  Its all going to seem irrelevant when we're packing them in next season anyway.

Looking at the possible draws for Europe, noticed that Lucerne won the Swiss Cup this season. Still think that was up there with the best away supports in terms of colour and noise we've seen at McDiarmid over the past 10 years.  Would be brilliant to get a tie against a side able to bring a big away support.  Tottenham would be brilliant, home and away.

Na Spurs would be shit. f**k them and f**k their Aberdonian pals.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I remember the Luzern fans had all the flags and that but I honestly barely remember hearing them. 

I think the restrictions are still going to f**k up any chance of a big away support (and possibly a big home support tbh).

As late as lunchtime, Kiltie's agent was on the phone to Scott Boyd trying to get him to match the St Mirren offer as the player wanted to move to Perth but we were completely blown out of the water.

We would have had to make him out highest paid player to seal the deal.

I’d have taken Kiltie, but the reality is he’d have been coming in as back up for Wotherspoon, which probably put him off. Also happy for St Mirren to put their budget into players who’d be back up for us, but we really do need to start fleshing out the squad a little more. Not that I’m worried, Davidson will be on the case now, he’s allowed a little break to say the least. 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

As late as lunchtime, Kiltie's agent was on the phone to Scott Boyd trying to get him to match the St Mirren offer as the player wanted to move to Perth but we were completely blown out of the water.

I mean he's a good player but not a gamechanger so not worth going to those levels if true

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Oaft. 

Don't think he's worth that tbh. Good for him though, he will be a valuable member of the best St Mirren team in 31 (thirty one) years.