Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone heard any rumours we're in for Kane O'Connor from Brentford?

Haven’t seen anything but I remember the name from watching Scotland youth games.  I see he’s out of contract but also has a year’s option which might be something the club ignore now they’re in the big time.

38 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Yer Ewan Peacock, After 10 years of Head of Opposition Analysis I has decided that now is the time to move on. Did you boys good it seems 

Aye, it's pretty hard telling you Ryan Kent likes to dribble and shoot, Hibs are pish and Tavernier and Barasic can put dangerous crosses in.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Aye, it's pretty hard telling you Ryan Kent likes to dribble and shoot, Hibs are pish and Tavernier and Barasic can put dangerous crosses in.

I dunno like..... some games you probably wonder what the f**k is going on. But with 3 cups in 10 years, history making....... team effort etc.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone heard any rumours we're in for Kane O'Connor from Brentford?

20 year old centreback who moved to the Championship but never played since he was a kid at the time. Sort of player saints should be looking at, although you worry he’d be another Wallace Duffy, then again if he hadn’t been tossed into the deep end he might have ended up ok. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

20 year old centreback who moved to the Championship but never played since he was a kid at the time. Sort of player saints should be looking at, although you worry he’d be another Wallace Duffy, then again if he hadn’t been tossed into the deep end he might have ended up ok. 

C'mon now Widge,  Ali McCann was just as young when he was "tossed into the deep end" and he's been okay. You've either got it or you haven't,  Wallace fits exactly into the latter. 

2 hours ago, Radford said:

I see Ewan Peacock is leaving his role as Head of Opposition analysis. If only we knew someone that would like that job...

Imagine the shock of going from a heavily qualified, experienced, professional, to a wee dweeb who brings in pot noodles for his lunch.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Imagine the shock of going from a heavily qualified, experienced, professional, to a wee dweeb who brings in pot noodles for his lunch.

You need to get your UEFA qualifications,  get yourself over the road to the Tangies with your laptop, it's a start.

Let us know when you go over so we can phone the polis.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mr Peacock does indeed have a pro licence & is lead lecturer at Dundee college for Sport & fitness. 

Although its relative & you gotta' start somewhere! Hypothetically you'd probably be doing it in your spare time for free whereas he'll have been doing it relatively well paid for it especially for what was a part time second job.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Bet you're the sort of lunatic that likes beef and tomato. You definitely should volunteer your services though.

Under Wright, always thought our strength was working other sides out so Peacock must have certainly contributed to that.

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Bet you're the sort of lunatic that likes beef and tomato. 

Genuinely the worst insult I've ever faced on this site.

And tells you at the start of every season that every other club has recruited much better than you, have much better players than you and you'll be relegated by Christmas [emoji16]

On 29/05/2021 at 01:07, Kyle said:

So picture is getting clearer 

Squad for the season

Unsure 

Aaron Steele 

Cammy Ballantyne

Jordan Northcott

Olly Hamilton

Jordan Robertson 

Steele has signed for East Fife permanently

5 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

If we get £4m for McCann and £3m for Europe then surely we can afford to invest in all-blue seats

Knock 2 million of that straight away to account for losses over last 12 months 

I hope we do get in that region regarding McCann 

I hope so

We  will have some very big teams to beat to get anywhere near 3 Million in Europe 

The chairman brought it on himself a little bit with the lack of clarity in his comments but the club haven't lost £2 million during the pandemic, that is the reduction in cash flow, in and out of the club. He was demonstrating the scaling back of the business over the past year. 

Of course, some of that £2 million is money in but there will have been significant savings made as well, especially since the stadium has essentially been shut for 14 months.