Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

Calum Booth’s improvement over the season has been so impressive considering he was struggling for a club. That confidence is shown in how he is now much more of a threat going forward compared to when he was just in for a game or two for Tanser and played pretty conservatively. If Davidson thinks Brown is worth bringing him in permanently then I back him completely 

I am not sure that is correct TBH, Booth rejected a contract with Dundee United to sign for Bury who had just been promoted to the Championship? (I think). they eventually went bust and he was caught up in a situation where he was in Limbo.     

3 minutes ago, Center half said:

I am not sure that is correct TBH, Booth rejected a contract with Dundee United to sign for Bury who had just been promoted to the Championship? (I think). they eventually went bust and he was caught up in a situation where he was in Limbo.     

Sorry, your right.  I just remember the chat on here being fairly negative on Booth just being a back up lb.  Whether that was because competition was wanted for Tanser or not I’m not sure.  I just see similarities between him and Brown  and trust our manager with full backs. Booth was excellent in the Scottish cup final

26 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

Posted the league table a couple of pages ago after that Kilmarnock game. Without a doubt for me that was the big turner. Hibs game consolidated the confidence so maybe just as important 

On paper, to me, the turning point was the 2-1 loss to Aberdeen, bizarrely. 

Defence tightened up at that point, then the 2-2 draw with United saw the attack wake up. Killie game probably the tipping point, but the levels had started to even up before then IMO.

FWIW  ..   Brisbane Roar were another of my clubs.  One game I saw them play Celtic in a preseason friendly they had Charlie Miller, Bob Malcolm and Craig Moore in the side. Matt McKay also briefly played for Rangers after this.  Postecoglou was the manager.  He has had a decent career but if he gets the Celtic gig we should seriously have the confidence in our side to aim realistically for second place

Edited by saint pogo

My boy McCowan has betrayed me and signed for Dundee.

Gutted.

Be fine with it we do get Kiltie though tbh.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

My boy McCowan has betrayed me and signed for Dundee.

Gutted.

Be fine with it we do get Kiltie though tbh.

I'm wondering whether Kiltie's agent is another one using our offer to get him the best deal he can out of Killie. 

At very least its evidently going to come down to simply ££ between his new offer and Saints deal. If he was totally convinced he wanted to join Saints he would have already signed it. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm wondering whether Kiltie's agent is another one using our offer to get him the best deal he can out of Killie. 

At very least its evidently going to come down to simply ££ between his new offer and Saints deal. If he was totally convinced he wanted to join Saints he would have already signed it. 

Seems to have been rumoured for a while, so does make you wonder about it, but guess these things take time.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to have been rumoured for a while, so does make you wonder about it, but guess these things take time.

These things don't seem to get reported right away so who knows maybe it's done and just waiting till date his contract ends with Kilmarnock 

I only say this Because Eliott Parish announced on the Dogger Saints podcast that he had signed a one year extension a good 4 weeks before Saints announced it

I was also told by someone I know that Bryson had resigned a good 3 or 4 weeks before it became official 

35 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

These things don't seem to get reported right away so who knows maybe it's done and just waiting till date his contract ends with Kilmarnock 

I only say this Because Eliott Parish announced on the Dogger Saints podcast that he had signed a one year extension a good 4 weeks before Saints announced it

I was also told by someone I know that Bryson had resigned a good 3 or 4 weeks before it became official 

Killie said during the week they'd be making him an offer to extend his contract when they announced who was leaving etc so as of that point he hadn't signed a deal.

May have since but who knows.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

FWIW  ..   Brisbane Roar were another of my clubs.  One game I saw them play Celtic in a preseason friendly they had Charlie Miller, Bob Malcolm and Craig Moore in the side. Matt McKay also briefly played for Rangers after this.  Postecoglou was the manager.  He has had a decent career but if he gets the Celtic gig we should seriously have the confidence in our side to aim realistically for second place
St Johnstone thread?

25 minutes ago, The Marly said:
14 hours ago, saint pogo said:

St Johnstone thread?

He's saying that he fancies us to challenge for second if Postecoglu is at Celtic.

24 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It could also be Sparta Prague or PSV. Sparta Prague, PSV & Celtic will be drawn against the 3 clubs above.

The losers drop into our qualifiers as the unseeded sides. Saints, Jablonec & Anorthosis Famagusta will be the seeded sides. 

And if we lose the UEL round we go into, We then drop into the play off round of the conference league with one of these sides

IMG_20210530_151127.jpg.67dc5b0a6ad25d47539d2867404ce297.jpg

Realistically we get 2 ties against very very decent teams then we are out.

If we can get a brilliant striker in I'll be a lot more confident.

I hope we can stabilise quickly and give ourselves a chance because in what fair world can we be seeded but still end up playing Galatasaray??? The money that flows through their club compared to ours? Steve Brown would have a coronary if we got a share of their ticket sales over there