Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Hopefully that's the case. We were in the first division when I was going through Perth Academy and there was one other guy in my whole year that was a season ticket holder and probably 4 or 5 in the whole school!

My sister sent a picture of a whole primary class in Saints gear on Monday as they were celebrating the cup win. I remember being the only one in a saints top at football training at primary and secondary!

All the teaching staff at the Academy were encouraged to wear Saints gear on Friday. From what I heard quite a few did. 

23 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

All the teaching staff at the Academy were encouraged to wear Saints gear on Friday. From what I heard quite a few did. 

They did. So were pupils. The PA showed up with a photographer so there might be some evidence in the PA special this week?

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Dundee players trying to appropriate ‘pump it up’. Silly wee club.

'Pump it up' is as generic a fan song as 'We are the Champions' was in the 80s/90s m8.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

'Pump it up' is as generic a fan song as 'We are the Champions' was in the 80s/90s m8.

Aye we were using it last season. Are St Johnstone trying to claim it as theirs?

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Aye we were using it last season. Are St Johnstone trying to claim it as theirs?

Two silly wee clubs using our songs. Get your own.

22 hours ago, Radford said:

There won't be grand proclamations about what we are going to do or how we are now Charlie Big Potatoes but they will quietly and confidently go on just getting things done. You see it every summer with other clubs talking about how they are going to do this and going to do that. Saints just go out and get it done. 

This feels relevant considering the comments coming from Dundee last night...

Screenshot_20210526-073454_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c11b4d8b3630f8f943bcc3f13064e14c.jpg

19 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Dundee players trying to appropriate ‘pump it up’. 

Wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Dundee United sung it all of their last season in the Championship and it sickened me to see the Dundee players do it. 

It's that lack or originality that stops me forming any sort of bond with the players. Apart from Paul 'the Polis Pulveriser' and Jason 'Cumdog'. 

10 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I see a former target has been released down south. Random what's the stats on Maguire and would he be a good fit?

maggu.thumb.png.7874766f2e474c83ec99fc839f4ab224.png

Compared to strikers at his level over the past 3 years.

Just much of the same really? Good on the ball etc., but can't put the baw in the net.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

maggu.thumb.png.7874766f2e474c83ec99fc839f4ab224.png

Compared to strikers at his level over the past 3 years.

Just much of the same really? Good on the ball etc., but can't put the baw in the net.

My Sunderland pal raves about him, says he's a stand out at that level. He also adds, must train like shite or not get on with Johnson because he hardly ever starts but when he does he's far better than what's been playing ahead of him.