Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

From what I can make out it does at least seem a lot more fashionable for school kids to support Saints than was the case when I was a kid, so hopefully there’s some long term gain coming out of the recent success.

52 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Think that the exposure of our youth set up and willingness to play our kids will have a huge impact. Parents will think that this is a good club for their kids to go play with/for when we are in talks with them along with other kids.

The next challenge is continuing that getting another 1 or 2 to make that step. 

In recent years a few have been close and made some appearances for the first team but not quite made the next step. Craig Thomson for example.  

11 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

From what I can make out it does at least seem a lot more fashionable for school kids to support Saints than was the case when I was a kid, so hopefully there’s some long term gain coming out of the recent success.

Hopefully that's the case. We were in the first division when I was going through Perth Academy and there was one other guy in my whole year that was a season ticket holder and probably 4 or 5 in the whole school!

My sister sent a picture of a whole primary class in Saints gear on Monday as they were celebrating the cup win. I remember being the only one in a saints top at football training at primary and secondary!

Edited by robosaintee

I think/hope that the next generation of saints fans look at the likes of Jason Kerr, David Wotherspoon, etc. and try and emulate their skills and game. When I was growing up as a kid and started watching saints, I'd of had to copy Chris Hay or Paddy Connelly for crying out louds! The current crop of players we have are perhaps the most skilful, good on the ball and technically able we've ever seen (not you Mehdi, you're still the best ever) and to me that's not only good for the club now, but as a progressive thing it can only help the next generation of players, fans, etc. 

19 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Dare you to ask for a topless photo of him cradling the cups.

I might just do the same.

He knows I want to see him topless and I am absolutely okay with it...

Some club sending me this without any prompt. I love the fact they've embedded my tweet onto the photo 🤣

20210515_102815.jpg

I wasn't saying we will get complacent etc., under Brown, just that it's nice to get reminders every so often of what happens if you do.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wasn't saying we will get complacent etc., under Brown, just that it's nice to get reminders every so often of what happens if you do.

I'm still waiting for Brown to moan about the price of trophy polish or something.

FWIW find it interesting writing this down. Makes links to any CM a bit weird unless we know McCann is off.

Contracted for next season, all IMO...

Goalkeepers

Zander Clark - Elliot Parish - Ross Sinclair

RCB

Jason Kerr - Shaun Rooney

CB

Liam Gordon - Jason Kerr

LCB

Jamie McCart - Callum Booth

RWB

Shaun Rooney

LWB

Callum Booth

CM

Ali McCann - Liam Craig - Craig Bryson - Murray Davidson - Charlie Gilmour - Cammy Ballantyne

CAM

David Wotherspoon - Cammy Ballantyne

W

David Wotherspoon

Front 2 ST

Stevie May - Chris Kane - Callum Hendry

Lone ST

Chris Kane

Rumoured players make sense.

McMann added to LWB/LCB.

Kiltie adds to CAM/W.

Connor Shields adds to W/ST.

Possibly then just looking for a CB or RWB and in terms of depth you're there, it's just about quality after that?

Talk of things going stale for Saints is founded in no sort of reality. I'd give you maybe 3 or 4 seasons since Geoff Brown took ownership where the club haven't had their eye on the ball and haven't known their direction of travel. 
He got rid of Ian Gibson straight away and replaced him with a proper manager and gave the club a proper ground. He got rid of Totten because we needed a return of money going out and acted quickly to replace McClelland. The blip was in the early part of the century but then he had far more pressing issues to rightly contend with. Got the ship back on course with Coyle and it hasn't veered since. 
There is nothing in Steve Brown's character to suggest he'll take his eye off the ball. There won't be grand proclamations about what we are going to do or how we are now Charlie Big Potatoes but they will quietly and confidently go on just getting things done. You see it every summer with other clubs talking about how they are going to do this and going to do that. Saints just go out and get it done. 
I think Steve Brown will react much more positively to Callum Davidson working with him than the previous incumbent who always seemed to be pushing against him.
Saints know that progress can sometimes be a slow grind. That simple piece of knowledge is invaluable. Other clubs want success yesterday and have no stability as a result. The founds of this club are now embedded deep. 
Great post, 100 per cent accurate. That won't stop some of our fans grumbling about absolutely everything over the coming weeks though.

FWIW find it interesting writing this down. Makes links to any CM a bit weird unless we know McCann is off.
Contracted for next season, all IMO...
Goalkeepers
Zander Clark - Elliot Parish - Ross Sinclair
RCB
Jason Kerr - Shaun Rooney
CB
Liam Gordon - Jason Kerr
LCB
Jamie McCart - Callum Booth
RWB
Shaun Rooney
LWB
Callum Booth
CM
Ali McCann - Liam Craig - Craig Bryson - Murray Davidson - Charlie Gilmour - Cammy Ballantyne
CAM
David Wotherspoon - Cammy Ballantyne
W
David Wotherspoon
Front 2 ST
Stevie May - Chris Kane - Callum Hendry
Lone ST
Chris Kane

Rumoured players make sense.
 McMann added to LWB/LCB.
Kiltie adds to CAM/W.
Connor Shields adds to W/ST.
Possibly then just looking for a CB or RWB and in terms of depth you're there, it's just about quality after that?
I reckon we could do with a centre mid. Three of them are well over thirty and we have absolutely no idea if Ballantyne is ready for premiership football.

I’ll trust the signing process.
I’d like the think the possibility of late stage European football is already making then look at signings.

Also, I hope they get the new tops released soon, take advantage as quick as you can.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Killie saying they're going to offer Kiltie a new deal so doesn't sound like he has signed a deal with Saints. As of yet anyway. 

He's been offered one though, I believe.