Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Congratulations Saintees! An absolutely phenomenal achievement and one I never thought I’d see from one of us diddies in my lifetime.

I’m in no way ashamed to admit I’m insanely jealous, and I hope every one of you savour every minute of what is the greatest achievement of any non OF club in the last 50 years.

I was about 8 months old the last time my club lifted a trophy but this achievement has given me hope that one day I’ll see a cup with claret and amber ribbons on it.

Congratulations again.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

Congratulations Saintees! An absolutely phenomenal achievement and one I never thought I’d see from one of us diddies in my lifetime.

I’m in no way ashamed to admit I’m insanely jealous, and I hope every one of you savour every minute of what is the greatest achievement of any non OF club in the last 50 years.

I was about 8 months old the last time my club lifted a trophy but this achievement has given me hope that one day I’ll see a cup with claret and amber ribbons on it.

Congratulations again.

Given the way your club is run, the day will come and I don’t think it’ll be in too distant a future. I think the likes of Motherwell - another well run club who are probably slightly bigger in terms of support than Saints - aren’t too far away.  

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Given the way your club is run, the day will come and I don’t think it’ll be in too distant a future. I think the likes of Motherwell - another well run club who are probably slightly bigger in terms of support than Saints - aren’t too far away.  

I agree. There are plenty other clubs with ideas way above their station though. We all know who they are, no need to lower the discussion by naming them. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair enough. A defender battering in two winners in two cup finals in his debut season is genuine Roy of the Rovers stuff. The sort of stuff that will see folk in a hundred years still talking about him fondly. 

I am a QP fan and I remember Shaun coming through our youth system and I am really happy for what he has done this season. His dad and his brother still come to our games and I can't wait to see them and maybe Shaun next season. Well done to him and to the Saints, fantastic stuff.

Said it in the cup final thread but worth saying again. Absolutely brilliant achievement and very jealous but delighted to see it. 

With that being said, the honeymoon period is nearly over and I’ll be back to thinking you’re all overly sensitive fermer c***s as of tomorrow. 

Was always a long shot we would get him, but papers saying Regan Hendry is off to Hibs.

Our CM positions don't look too bad now Bryson has proved himself and Davidson is back in. Hopefully Gilmour/Ballantyne can edge their way into proceedings too.

Watched the game back today.  
Was a shame not to be there but for those of us who were lucky to be at Celtic park in 2014     I think we can feel that atmosphere in our bones. Personally I’ve never seen so many Saints games combined than this season so for that I’m thankful to have been along for the ride. 
What stood out for me on second watch..   Doidge getting a free header with no one near him. Was that Kerr or Rooney on him. ( nitpicking).  Kane having a stinker.  His hold up play deserted him in the game but the chances he missed…. He has to keep improving next season.  McCann compared to Doig.  Doig was bullied by both Rooney and Middleton  while McCann was once gain top notch despite the previous two weeks ( was he one who he Covid?)  Our most consistent player this season . Outstanding.   Calum Booth, like Saints has got stronger and better as the season has gone on culminating in such a key part of Rooney’s goal.   Credit to both him and another former full back for his improvement.  
Spoony’s speech.  ❤️

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I see the Rangers fans have started comparing the Saints fans letting off smoke bombs outside the stadium yesterday to their behaviour last week. 

Brain dead. 

Sturgeon must condemn!

"I'm here to report a crime, an international war crime!"

watp.jpg.ae9e5b5c49f93e188292eee0e03cc73c.jpg

13 hours ago, Widge said:

….I may not be from Perth, I’ve never lived there, or even particularly liked the place. But my god it will ever have a place in my heart for producing St Johnstone and playing home to them…..

Glory hunter….support your local team 😂 

Well played tractor boys!

I see your youth academy is doing well.

E39E88AD-9F2F-4DF8-BDA8-6378142DC003.thumb.jpeg.cda530a60c10ee9111adcff4840660f9.jpeg

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I see the Rangers fans have started comparing the Saints fans letting off smoke bombs outside the stadium yesterday to their behaviour last week. 

Brain dead. 

They've also spent the last 42 hours solidly stalking anyone praising Saints on Twitter to tell them it's a nothing achievement because it won't be repeated.

You can spot the flaw in their logic I'd imagine.