Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Someone saying it's a record low for any top flight club, but it's not something I've double checked or anything.

On a side note, TW v Dundee in the play offs by the looks of things...

Yes been thinking that, didn’t want to jinx it, would be a glorious match up.

Think killie would be too strong but I’d rather have Dundee up, far more enjoyable fixture.

4 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Hi lads. 

If we win the SC how do you fancy celebrating?

Anybody up for;

A. Assaulting me while I'm passed out drunk.

B. Taking a shite on my face.

C. Just having a fight.

If we do win and some fans do go down to McDiarmid to greet the bus etc no doubt they'll now face quite heavy handed policing due to the public image of football fans at the moment caused by those c***s. Police at the gates etc.

Not that they handled a few fans outside McDiarmid after the League Cup final especially well either right enough.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I think we've scored 9 goals in 19 home league games, is that a record low for us?    On the flip side, a decent return of 27 in 19 away games.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Someone saying it's a record low for any top flight club, but it's not something I've double checked or anything.

It's the lowest goals per game at home of any club in any division in the history of the Scottish league (0.47 per game).

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's the lowest goals per game at home of any club in any division in the history of the Scottish league (0.47 per game).

What a stat!!!!

However it is irrelevant now as our only game left is at our away "home" this year - Hampden.

From memory we had a run of home games early on where the players were clearly still learning the set up, and Hendry was having his droopy dog stage of fluffing every chance then hating himself, so that'll have affected it pretty badly.

Lack of goals a worry though. At least 2 seasons now where we've arguably scored a bottom half level of goals.

So, whilst we wait for the cup final does anyone have any preferences for signings this summer?

I’m still holding out for Regan Hendry.

Quite honestly I’d give him as long an extension as he’s willing to sign with a hefty pay rise - and an understanding we won’t stand in his way when a hefty bid comes in from January onwards. Protects us and him.

I'll get excited when he actually signs something.

I'm still stung from May making a similar declaration after the Final in 2014.

18 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Some Aberdeen fans are getting a dose of Hibs disease on here. While its not all of them, reading posts suggesting they'd be happy with £4m for Ferguson and then spending 500k to get McCann from Saints just shows that the Hibs fans aren't the only ones smoking strong fucking drugs. 

My favourite is the one who thinks they can sign McCann and Kerr for a combined 1.25 million. That really tickled me, admittedly he did say it was FM stuff, but the fact that even in a hypothetical scenario that’s what he thinks we’d accept is laughable. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Some Aberdeen fans are getting a dose of Hibs disease on here. While its not all of them, reading posts suggesting they'd be happy with £4m for Ferguson and then spending 500k to get McCann from Saints just shows that the Hibs fans aren't the only ones smoking strong fucking drugs. 

If anything it would be the other way round.  McCann must be worth at least double what Ferguson is worth.

20 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Too much Kenfitamine