Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Zero fucking chance I'd take a ticket now. 

Absolute NAP if it was rugby you'd be looking at over 5k fans in.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I refuse to believe that we’d have ended up with 600 fans if the SFA had opened their negotiations by asking for 12k.

It's mental to think about it that they've managed to get a whole additional 400 above the minimum allowed.

Putting it politely that's feeble. You wouldn't want them as an agent that's for sure.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

45 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It's mental to think about it that they've managed to get a whole additional 400 above the minimum allowed.

Putting it politely that's feeble. You wouldn't want them as an agent that's for sure.

The Scottish Government has fucked this not the SFA

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

I wonder if John Leslie will get a Hibs ticket  😂

27 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

The Scottish Government has fucked this not the SFA

22 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

The SFA asked for 2000

The Scottish Government said 600

They set the amount 

Do you understand ?

1404776899_giphy(38).gif.f1000382273b82ccc0b5d5cfab348a08.gif

The SFA asked for 2000
The Scottish Government said 600
They set the amount 
Do you understand ?

Ah, the nuanced political debate in this country we all know and love.

It is a mixture of both (I lean toward blaming SFA more personally). The SFA should have asked earlier and organised it with the intention of getting fans (and a substantial number) in. It could have been a test event, it could have been argued in advance that 12,000 is possible given it will be a month later. The roadmap has been laid for months. That is up to and on them, not the Scottish government.

But given where we are and the fact they clearly couldn’t be arsed to have done this, they then scrambled and asked for permission to have pitiful number of fans there from UEFA and then scot govt. Scottish govt’s reasoning against allowing 1.5m distancing allowed in June is presumably because of cases rise in Glasgow and the different roadmap stage - i think that’s ridiculous given: 1m is allowed indoors ... this is completely outside ... people from Glasgow won’t even be attending ... they didn’t even ask for 1m ... masks could be worn the full time! ... and much more. So scot govt certainly at fault for not allowing us to have the 2000 or so SFA eventually asked for and it betrays as others have said the general distaste towards football fans from the type of middle class people that run the show in politics whatever stripe of government it is.

They’ll all be happily riding the football wave if we beat England at Wembley though right enough...

4 hours ago, realmadrid said:

That would be madness 

Our stadium announcer stays less than a mile from Hampden, if that rule was enforced you would be asking him to drive to Perth to get in a bus with others to go to a ground less than a mile from his home.

Way safer to allow people to make their own way to the stadium 

So our stadium announcer could do co commentary on Saints TV for the final as he is local to the ground.

Stuart Cosgrove managed to wangle the League cup final whereas our SA done co comms at Dingwall and I believe answered an emergency call when Midgey Miller called off for the Rangers quarter final.  Unfortunately the service provider had problems and our guys could not do the comms.

That way if he got allocated one of the golden 300 tickets he could give it to his favourite uncle.

If anyones wanting a distraction from the current misery, I can handily express how unique a player Regan Hendry is.

Looked at all 22-25yo CMs to have played regularly in Scotland/England over the past 3 seasons.

hednry.thumb.png.156462bf56b906783315e751197e0c62.png

Further to the right, higher to the top, larger the circle, and greener it is, the best "fit" of midfielder you want. Sort of easy to see why Hendry is in such demand.

Big dark green circle next to Hendry is Glen Kamara, fwiw. Its not scaled to differ between divisions so it looks like I'm saying Hendry is better than Kamara when I'm not, just that Hendry has been better than his level over the past 3 years than Kamara has. Allardice interestingly just above him, but smaller circle and lighter colour show theres parts that let him down.

Other large darkish greens are Josh Cullen, currently at Anderlecht, Joe Aribo, Joe Morrell contracted to Bristol City until 2022, Connor McGrandles contracted to Lincoln until 2022, and then Liam Walsh. 22yo, out of contract at Bristol City and apparently refused a new deal as he wants regular football after missing the past year with injuries. Played regularly for Coventry in 19/20 and was a standout at that level. Hes this Summers Jake Doyle-Hayes so far. Ambitious and bigger clubs rumoured, but you never know what'll happen if you offer them a guaranteed wage and regular game time. 

I'd be happy for us to sign Madger Gomes simply based on his name, tbh.

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I thought Hendry was pish last night and it has put serious doubts in my mind as to whether he would succeed at Saints. 

Missed most the game as I watched us get reemed instead, then forgot Raith were playing until near the end. 

I think he'd be one who'd have a stinker or two, unlike McCann who is pretty "level", simply due to the way Hendry plays. Possibly now built an idea of him in my head that isn't accurate, mind you.

I am so proud of the reaction of our fans tonight on social media.

Ive yet to see anyone ask for a ballot.

Everyone wants the players family and those who work at McDiarmid at the game.

I would add in some local players from the youth academy as part of our 300.

I thought Hendry was pish last night and it has put serious doubts in my mind as to whether he would succeed at Saints. 
Pretty much all the Raith players were. Hendry would be a cracking signing.

11 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I am so proud of the reaction of our fans tonight on social media.

Ive yet to see anyone ask for a ballot.

Everyone wants the players family and those who work at McDiarmid at the game.

I would add in some local players from the youth academy as part of our 300.

Seen certain saints fans saying the tickets should go to "family of the players & STAFF of the club". Wonderful why they want all the staff to get one...?

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Seen certain saints fans saying the tickets should go to "family of the players & STAFF of the club". Wonderful why they want all the staff to get one...?

Because we all secretly work for the club?