Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

On the one hand, I absolutely want to enjoy the day with friends etc. On the other, if we win the double I absolutely want to be in the stadium to see us do it. It will be a logistical nightmare all round and if we lose I'm sure I'll feel it wasn't worth it. But if we win...

This is exactly how I feel. If offered a ticket I am there. 

I’m the same. Just posted in the cup thread. The chances of say you and whoever you go with are slim, and they’ll want you to travel separately too, likely. 

If lucky enough to get drawn out the hat it’s going to be a tough decision. Go all that way basically to be by yourself with a handful of other Saints fans or stay home/pub with your friends and/or loved ones and hopefully celebrate together. It’s a tough one.

I was desperate for us to get to go but now the reality of what it might be like has hit, it’s going to be weird. Having said that, if both me and daughter get to go, we’ll be there. If it’s just me on my own, I dunno. 

Chris Millar playing as a RB for Morton tonight...

Ballantyne starts again, playing in the "10" position, behind a lone striker.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Chris Millar playing as a RB for Morton tonight...

Ballantyne starts again, playing in the "10" position, behind a lone striker.

I was beginning to winder if Millar was still playing!

59 minutes ago, hamicle said:

I was beginning to winder if Millar was still playing!

Lasted 93 minutes before his iconic drop to the floor then hobble off holding his groin.

Fittingly subbed off at the exact same time as Ballantyne. 

Ballantyne should definitely get a chance to make our squad in pre-season IMO, but still think he needs game in the Championship first. He's lightweight which is fine as he seems to be all about deft wee touches and spins, but doesn't use his body right when defenders get tight.

37 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

It’s a f*ckin wind-up. Seriously someone is trying to wind us up.

I asked in the other thread but who is actually making this joke of a decision? 

Not sure but I'm imagining it'll be SFA (of course) & the 2 clubs based on direction given by some kind of Gov sport recovery advisory covid group or something made up of health officials & sport minister etc.

I'm expecting there to be some kind of vague response of "we don't want to many travelling  + it's hard to organise more in such short notice" 

We may end up having to travel on specially put on buses etc. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

It’s a f*ckin wind-up. Seriously someone is trying to wind us up.

I asked in the other thread but who is actually making this joke of a decision? 

You will do what Jimmy Krankie tells you.

Don't want to get too ahead of myself, but hypothetically speaking, we'd be utterly fucked if Clark, McCann, Gordon and O'Halloran couldn't play for ten days. Even if they're eligible just before the date of the cup final, it would be a risk to play them if they haven't been training with the team at all beforehand. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Don't want to get too ahead of myself, but hypothetically speaking, we'd be utterly fucked if Clark, McCann, Gordon and O'Halloran couldn't play for ten days. Even if they're eligible just before the date of the cup final, it would be a risk to play them if they haven't been training with the team at all beforehand. 

I've lost track of the rules. 

Isn't it 14 days for close contacts needing to isolate?