Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The thing that makes me happiest with that goal is that the goalscorer isn't away with his hands up claiming it (even though he knows it's his), he's away after his goalie.

The epitome of Chris Kane. A bigger team player you're unlikely to find. He gets mocked a lot by opposition fans but most Saints fans see the value he brings to the team, and so do the managers.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a team spirit quite like the one this one has, possibly anywhere. They have completely bought into the manager and each other, all pulling in the same direction. This is the peak. If we manage a cup double, leading into Group Stage European football, the only way we can better it is by winning the actual fucking league. Incredible the cup double in a single season is a realistic possibility for us, never thought I'd see the likes.

Edited by Kyle

The epitome of Chris Kane. A bigger team player you're unlikely to find. He gets mocked a lot by opposition fans but most Saints fans see the value he brings to the team, and so do the managers.
I don't think I've ever witnessed a team spirit quite like the one this one has, possibly anywhere. They have completely bought into the manager and each other, all pulling in the same direction. This is the peak. If we manage a cup double, leading into Group Stage European football, the only way we can better it is by winning the actual fucking league. Incredible the cup double in a single season is a realistic possibility for us, never thought I'd see the likes.
I definitely wouldn't mock him.

Fucker always seems to score against us.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Zander Clark, you're welcome to come to house and kick my head in.
I got it wrong you big, beardy, glorious, c**t.

He'll need to do it in your garden. Still not allowed in your house.

Even Zander would struggle to see over Randoms grass. It's a fucking mess.

Yes that's the point I'm asking.  You make money from your stadium (which you fully own) being in a handy location so can make money from non-football functions.  That can only be a good thing. 
Edit - and be the envy of a lot of clubs.
There's other wee things too. The Nissan garage over the road uses our car park. I would have thought Saints are charging them for that. It won't be a lot, but it's still money coming in.

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Even Zander would struggle to see over Randoms grass. It's a fucking mess.

I promised not to cut it until we were knocked out a cup, so it'll get longer yet.

42 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You need to have a word with the folk on Newhouse Road with gazebo, gnomes and union jacks everywhere. Ruining the approach to McDairmid when we get back in.

That is the most horrendous Garden I've ever seen. 

The **** going after Zanders brother now. Absolute shambles.

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

You need to have a word with the folk on Newhouse Road with gazebo, gnomes and union jacks everywhere. Ruining the approach to McDairmid when we get back in.

I've no idea where that house is 😂

4 hours ago, Old Pack said:

If only we could get more punters up to Mc Diarmid.

At the moment if we could get a punter up it would be a start.

I am one of the lucky few at games like last night. Both shoot outs in the cup quarter finals would have been superb with fans.

Edited by realmadrid

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark  -2022

12. Elliot Parish – 2021

Defenders

19. Shaun Rooney– 2022

2. James Brown – 2021 – on loan from Millwall

6. Liam Gordon - 2022

5. Jason Kerr – 2022

4. Jamie McCart - 2022

3. Scott Tanser  – 2021

24. Callum Booth  – 2021

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon - 2023

8. Murray Davidson - 2021

26. Liam Craig – 2022

18. Ali McCann – 2023

13. Craig Bryson – 2021

15. Charlie Gilmour - 2021

7. Craig Conway – 2021

16. Glenn Middleton – 2021 – on loan from Rangers

Forwards

9. Chris Kane -  2021

11. Michael O'Halloran – 2021

14. Stevie May  – 2023

17. Guy Melamed - 2021

22. Callum Hendry - 2022

First time I've posted this in a while! Clearly still a lot of work to do in respect of the 2021 renewals. I feel we need to make a start on the 2022 ones too. Kerr, McCart, Gordon, Rooney and Clark all going into the last year of their contracts is a bit scary, could be forced into taking low balls offers if we do intent to sell these players if we don't get deals sorted soon.

Be interesting to see how the squad looks, in terms of size, next season too if we somehow can win the cup.

Think it guarantees European football until Christmas, which would be a massive amount of games for us to play in that first half of the season.