Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Pretty quiet on the contract renewal front is it not?

Maybe a good sign?

The moment players start whoring themselves to the media about how desperate they are to re-sign is a bid sign IMO.

*glances at Chris Kane*

Scott Allardice, btw, playing for ICT on BBC just now.

Tune in to watch the boy patrolling our midfield for the next 5 years.

Scott Allardice, btw, playing for ICT on BBC just now.
Tune in to watch the boy patrolling our midfield for the next 5 years.
Certainly very impressive, particularly second half.

26 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Certainly very impressive, particularly second half.

Still makes some shite passing decisions, and could probably impose himself more, but clear potential there.

If we lose McCann for ~£2m then its a no brainer to try and get him in IMO, but understand its unlikely we'll spend the money that would be needed.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Thanks for allowing us to have your non-scoring striker on loan. As he has scored all of our goals since coming to the club, it is obvious that he is thriving under proper coaching.

That's him now got 2 goals for each side this season.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's him now got 2 goals for each side this season.

Our 2 have meant three points and into the next round of the Scottish Cup. It’s weird but not sure why we keep,getting told that he was a non-scoring striker for you from the Saintees on here. Surely it should be low-scoring?

This is a slightly strange hill to die on.  Glad he’s getting minutes and doing ok at Aberdeen. Means we’ll either get money for him in the summer or he can make a better fist of getting into our team next season. 

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Our 2 have meant three points and into the next round of the Scottish Cup. It’s weird but not sure why we keep,getting told that he was a non-scoring striker for you from the Saintees on here. Surely it should be low-scoring?

I'm happy to see all the guys that are out on development loans doing well..I always keep an eye on how they are doing at Cowdenbeath Montrose Forfar Edinburgh city...And Aberdeen...

Thanks for allowing us to have your non-scoring striker on loan. As he has scored all of our goals since coming to the club, it is obvious that he is thriving under proper coaching.
He just needed to drop a level to allow him to get some confidence back.

12 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I'm happy to see all the guys that are out on development loans doing well..I always keep an eye on how they are doing at Cowdenbeath Montrose Forfar Edinburgh city...And Aberdeen...

Doesn’t really answer my question, though.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

This is just *chefs kiss*

IMG_7974.jpg

This one is possibly even better. Absolutely sensational nonsense.

3B3FA35B-A524-44FA-9AE6-52CD126E46D3.thumb.jpeg.d2ebfe26c4cf3edaa74fc3c461d06389.jpeg

I mean where do you start with that? “We always attempt to play football”. Yeah, really fucking badly for the most part.

Five defenders and three defensive midfielders? Sorry, you’ll have to show me where in the defence Wotherspoon, for example, plays. Absolutely mental.

Dundee fans need something to feel superior about, those are just other examples of them clawing at the sand trying to find something else.

Yesterday highlighted flaws with our squad IMO, and hopefully has served to remind Davidson he needs to be improving it this Summer rather than just retaining it.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

This one is possibly even better. Absolutely sensational nonsense.

3B3FA35B-A524-44FA-9AE6-52CD126E46D3.thumb.jpeg.d2ebfe26c4cf3edaa74fc3c461d06389.jpeg

I mean where do you start with that? “We always attempt to play football”. Yeah, really fucking badly for the most part.

Five defenders and three defensive midfielders? Sorry, you’ll have to show me where in the defence Wotherspoon, for example, plays. Absolutely mental.

Those quotes are mental. The delusion in thinking that "everyone in Scottish football" gives a f**k about them, let alone wants them in the Premiership is quite something.  And we're no different, other than being good at football and well run, I expect nobody else would care about us being in a lower league either, or any other club.

Everyone happily voted Hearts down, a club ten times the size of Dundee.  As much as I would happily see them back up for the away days, what on earth would Dundee bring to the Premiership? An extra 2000 home fans if you're lucky and slugging it out with Kilmarnock and st Mirren in the bottom six.