Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Out of contract this Summer.

Just wondering if we should replace Tanser with a winger? Booth is good but I think he'd struggle to do much without Wotherspoon there too. A left wing back who could cause problems on his own would be a good idea, IMO.

Could replace Tanser with a wet paper bag.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Give Callum a call, I've told him you want to put yourself forward as a technical scout and he wants to hear what you have to say. His work number is 08449000100.

I'm not even going to Google that number 😂

Daniel Armstrong for Raith the kind of under the radar signing I'd like.
Hendry gets all the attention at Raith, as does Kai Kennedy. Kennedy and McCowan the young wingers who get attention in the whole division. 
Armstrong is just a solid creative left winger, who's played both sides, and is currently playing well as a left wing back for Raith.
There's a reason Hendry gets all the attention. He'd be a very good signing for us.

54 minutes ago, The Marly said:

There's a reason Hendry gets all the attention. He'd be a very good signing for us.

Yeah I'm not claiming Armstrong is better than those mentioned or that, just that he'll maybe get missed by some people as he's further down the list of players you'd expect to step up.

As a young player you could bring in, have as back up, and try to develop on the cheap, he looks like he'd be a decent pick up. I'm probably wrong though.

Be interesting to see where Hendry ends up. I'm all hipster and think Dylan Tait is the best CM at Raith, but clearly Hendry goes into most sides in this division and adds something, but I'm not entirely convinced he could pull off a Liam Craig type role as well as Craig off the ball, if that makes sense.

He’s still a young guy though, he’d learn. It’s not like Liam Craig had the ability to do what he does now until the last 2/3 years. Original Liam Craig would never have had the game intelligence or experience to do it.  The one positive is, Davidson appears to be a very, very good coach who can get players playing exactly how he wants. 

Kind of means that Callum Hendry is never going to work at saints now though, if Davidson had essentially given up on him.  

37 minutes ago, Widge said:

He’s still a young guy though, he’d learn. It’s not like Liam Craig had the ability to do what he does now until the last 2/3 years. Original Liam Craig would never have had the game intelligence or experience to do it.  The one positive is, Davidson appears to be a very, very good coach who can get players playing exactly how he wants. 

I think you'd maybe lose something with Hendry if you held him back a bit, although our next "stage" of development is removing a holding midfielder and having two great all round ballers in CM who takes turns going forward/back, plus a 10.

Allardice and Hendry, with McCowan in front, for our "next generation" pls.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think you'd maybe lose something with Hendry if you held him back a bit, although our next "stage" of development is removing a holding midfielder and having two great all round ballers in CM who takes turns going forward/back, plus a 10.

Allardice and Hendry, with McCowan in front, for our "next generation" pls.

Ohh I’m not specifically saying that’s what would happen, more the fact that Davidson is clearly a good coach. One who doesn’t need a perfect player, simply raw attributes to mould into a certain style. The likes of Kane, McCann, Rooney, etc are all better players now than they were 6 months ago and it’s not the formation that’s done that, it’s the coaching team. So credit must go to Davidson and McLean and you’d now hope that they’re eye for a player is just as good, cause there’s real optimism now, which is a stark change from 3/4 months ago. 

Steve Banks has as many Scottish Cup medals as Allan McGregor.

Utterly useless piece of trivia but there you go.

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Steve Banks was a better goalkeeper for us than Zander Clark.

Last decade: Mannus > Enckelman >> Banks > Clark > Parish > Scobbie >>> Bell

I'll never forgive Banks for his shite kick at Tynecastle.

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Cammy Bell one of very few to get  a clean sheet at Ibrox,one I’ll always remember  

TBF he only faced a single shot on target, a header straight at him from 14 yards.