Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

So they can sort everyone out with a 19/19 split if they leave Hibs and Livingston fixtures alone, send Aberdeen to Perth a third time and... 

Switch the Old Firm game. 

Two fixture changes and everyone is sorted. 

Nice and simple for the SPFL... 

Fair play St Johnstone. I thought your time was done this season after Tommy left. How many clubs fail to deal with their most successful manager leaving? You've smashed it this season.

I watched the opener between you and the DABs and thought that must be the 2 relegation candidates right there.

What a season you've had and kudos to Davidson.

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

Hopefully these magnanimous and reasonable St Mirren fans on the thread don’t catch on. Give me Munoz and his head exploding any day.

Congratulations you bunch of kuntz. 

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I watched the opener between you and the DABs.

Wild looking back at that game, FWIW. I watched some of it back a few weeks ago.

1-0 down early. McCann barely touching the ball, Wotherspoon being everywhere as he hadn't quite understood his role yet. Hendry constantly dropping into central midfield. O'Halloran in no mans land because he couldn't figure out his role, while the manager looked like he was having a panic attack every time the camera cut to him.

Mad how far everyone has come since then.

The one job I would say would tempt Callum has become available, i think his resolve will be tested if asked!

PNE and Neil parted ways after coming to a mutual agreement. Considering they’re 8 games from the end of the season it would suggest they’ve already been looking at new management possibilities and might’ve already agreed for someone to come in.

I’m not concerned to be honest with you.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I know it gets boring when big successful clubs go on about how big and successful we are, but sometimes you've just got to face upto facts..

IMG_7349.thumb.JPG.8618fc5027098a1f692f7b4c33495b7b.JPG

If you remove that start date you can add in all the 2nd tier championships you've won to that.  Not much else mind. 

6 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

If you remove that start date you can add in all the 2nd tier championships you've won to that.  Not much else mind. 

Oh Tony that sounds a wee bit bitter.

Hibs have now managed 3 top six finishes in the last 10 seasons so surely that’s cause for celebration is it not?

59 minutes ago, Center half said:

The one job I would say would tempt Callum has become available, i think his resolve will be tested if asked!

As far as young managers at this level are concerned, I don’t think that bigger clubs generally consider them until they’ve got at least two impressive seasons under their belt.

I know nobody gives a f**k, but I'm quite excited I can "profile" players now, think I've nailed FBs too, going by this.

Spoiler

357289962_download(2).png.6e28a4be7e9d2d471926e5ed8a24e037.png

Booth a better defender, Tanser better in the air. Not much else different apart from Tanser creates more chances.

Been experimenting on Scottish football/Saints as its what I know, so can see if its right/wrong looking.

Might seem worthless but I'm hoping it can help explain what type of player we're signing when they join, or if I'm being tragic identify similar players. Wasted a lot of time looking at FBs months ago whos numbers look good, then you realise they're about 2ft tall and can't defend, impossible to watch every player so might cut down on time. I've got CMs and Wingers pretty close to where I want too, if anyone cares.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine Preston would rather McInnes than Davidson, and it might be the type of job McInnes would jump at.

My money's on neither. Callum has just started his managerial journey, he'll be  here for a good few years yet and surely every c**t can see through Mcinnes now? He took our non scoring fourth choice haddy and gave him the number 9 ffs.

Preston would be a worry as Davidson probably knows he'd get time there barring a disaster. His experience at Stoke (and that of Lomas which facilitated his promotion to assistant manager) though will certainly make him think about jobs though. 

It's fine talking about increasing pay or whatever but if it's for three months then you are out of work...

Our support generally are very patient (taking a lead from the chairman in truth) and we were playing well at the start of the season but how many clubs in England let him have that points return from his first dozen or whatever matches?

More generally, if we make a bad appointment in the future we will obviously suffer but the board clearly have a good template they work off and the right support network is in place. The idea we were going to fall like a stone when Wright left never really stacked up to scrutiny. 

As Eric Nicolson writes this morning... 

"Top six Premiership finishes, all eight of them in 10 years, and cup glory – has become the Perth club’s normal.

"It isn’t a Derek McInnes thing. It isn’t a Steve Lomas thing. It isn’t a Geoff or a Steve Brown thing. It isn’t even a Tommy Wright or now a Callum Davidson thing. It’s a St Johnstone thing.

"The fleeting form-dips and flirtations with the bottom of the table are the exception. The rest is the rule.

"Frame it as their continued over-achievement if you want but, when it’s been happening for a decade and counting, I choose to frame it as their established place in Scottish football." 

18 minutes ago, Radford said:

Our support generally are very patient (taking a lead from the chairman in truth) and we were playing well at the start of the season but how many clubs in England let him have that points return from his first dozen or whatever matches?

In under two weeks (4 April), it will be 16 years since we last sacked a manager.

10 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

In under two weeks (4 April), it will be 16 years since we last sacked a manager.

Only because Millwall were thick enough to appoint Lomas, IMO.

Very much enjoying this team. Looking forward to the summer transfer window and upcoming season more than ever before. It feels like a long-term project and one which could keep getting better and better regardless of the inevitable departure of one or two stars at some point in the future.

Edited by The Real Saints

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Aberdeen at home, Rangers at home, Hibs away, Celtic away, Livi at home.

Happy enough with that, particularly facing off-form Aberdeen first.

Ending Rangers unbeaten season at McDiarmid, then clinching Europe in a head to head in the final game.

What a fucking season.

8 hours ago, tree house tam said:

My money's on neither. Callum has just started his managerial journey, he'll be  here for a good few years yet and surely every c**t can see through Mcinnes now? He took our non scoring fourth choice haddy and gave him the number 9 ffs.

...and he scored.