Kyle

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

FWIW here's our squad breakdown, in the league, to try and find who our most dangerous players have been.
xG used to see who's getting shots in dangerous areas, xA to see who's creating shots in dangerous areas. Used total instead of p90 as I think its a fairer way to look at it, maybe wrong. % is the amount they individually contribute to the who squads total. If a players missing from the list, it means they scored 0 in both so I erased them them ease. Penalties removed. They're not ordered in any way, simply how they came out from WyScout...
Screenshot_20210212-125133_Office.thumb.jpg.0f98c46091b8165d6382274a7e8e0c4d.jpg
...from memory a lot of chances Conway sets up are from corners/set plays. May was top when you include penalties, then plummets when you remove them.
I don't think McCann has been particularly adventurous this season, so to see him have a similar chance of goals as May is a bit of a worry.
Wotherspoon, though...

Interesting stuff. Think it reflects especially well on Conway and Tanser. Fwiw I still don’t really agree with removing penalties but I see why you’ve done so in this case since they’re rated so highly with xG!

Do you have the data for McNamara? And for that matter, Hendry too?

9 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Interesting stuff. Think it reflects especially well on Conway and Tanser. Fwiw I still don’t really agree with removing penalties but I see why you’ve done so in this case since they’re rated so highly with xG!

Do you have the data for McNamara? And for that matter, Hendry too?

Just removed penalties to try and really see what May was doing, before removing penalties he comes out as our 2nd most dangerous player, which didn't feel right to me, think it looks fairer without them, but maybe unfair to remove them?

Hendry was 2.79xG and 0.15xA, I'll have to check McNamara tonight after work. 

Ffs removing penalties? What the f**k is wrong with you boys?

You want me to drop some Mandy in to you Random, I've got a pile that am I f**k touching, the stats should look a fair bit better for you then.

Anyway I'm looking forward to young Middleton getting a run out soon, I think he could do a good job in the Melamed role, he's direct and not afraid to shoot, just what we need.

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ffs removing penalties? What the f**k is wrong with you boys?

This'll sound wanky, but I don't really know how else to word it, but I was looking at "input", rather than "output" (as in, looking at players getting lots of shots in dangerous areas/creating lots of shots in dangerous areas, rather than how many goals/assists) so I thought penalties were a bit misleading towards that.

As I say, maybe wrong.

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Do you have the data for McNamara? 

McNamara was 1.08xG, and 1.64xA

Also, apparently only 1 club so far hasn't applied for the government "loan" money. 

You'd guess it would be one of the rich clubs (Celtic/Rangers), or one who have said they're pretty much fine (Motherwell), but feel like it might well be us.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, apparently only 1 club so far hasn't applied for the government "loan" money. 

You'd guess it would be one of the rich clubs (Celtic/Rangers), or one who have said they're pretty much fine (Motherwell), but feel like it might well be us.

It was confirmed at our AGM last night that we've applied for the money.

The same thing was mentioned though, 11 of the 12 clubs have apparently applied.

Edited by capt_oats

On 12/02/2021 at 21:09, The Real Saints said:

Izzy Jones looking absolutely red-hot against Hearts right now. Bring him home.

What about the guy Callum Hendry?  :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What about the guy Callum Hendry?  :rolleyes:

After impressing throughout the season, he has rightfully earned himself a move to a bigger club than Dundee United. Has Lawrence Shankland achieved this yet?

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

After impressing throughout the season, he has rightfully earned himself a move to a bigger club than Dundee United. Has Lawrence Shankland achieved this yet?

Keep an eye on him for me, he’s the subject of a bet I have.

55 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Halifax scout today would have been disappointed that Tanser was out... 

This is glorious. 

Rangers/Celtic to Sunderland to Mansfield and now Halifax. 

I wonder if it'll dawn on Tanser before it's too late.

He's got Kilmarnock written all over him. 

On 12/02/2021 at 17:12, capt_oats said:

It was confirmed at our AGM last night that we've applied for the money.

The same thing was mentioned though, 11 of the 12 clubs have apparently applied.

Even if you are relatively "ok" the terms for this loan make it a wee bit of a no brainer.

Its probably Rangers who havent applied, because they dont want to have to tell their idiot fans that they took "SNP" money.

Spoiler

<looks forward to hearing its Hibs.........>

Bit random, but what do folk prefer/think makes more sense?

I can change the amount of squares on both to more/less...

2021-02-14_21-49-21.png.731f8924cee06561783163f6f6a1f3aa.png 2021-02-14_22-11-55.png.b557dd1d057389383bd34b60935f5288.png

Both show where our CMs completed "actions" against Celtic today.