Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We're going around in circles here, our away colours are Yellow and Blue, hence why I said it needs a bit more blue......
If I was being really pedantic I'd say paint it the right colour of yellow as well.
Anyway, let's get back to Saints and less of Radford being a kiddy on pilot.
Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant my post needed more blue [emoji3]

If you ignore goals scored and look at chances created, do folk think Rooney is better at attacking metrics than McNamara?, and who do they think would come out better defensively?

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you ignore goals scored and look at chances created, do folk think Rooney is better at attacking metrics than McNamara?, and who do they think would come out better defensively?

Rooneys attacking play will be better, especially in terms of the types of chances he’s creating. I suspect McNamara will be better defensively; however not as much in the aerial department which probably balances it out. 

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

Rooneys attacking play will be better, especially in terms of the types of chances he’s creating. I suspect McNamara will be better defensively; however not as much in the aerial department which probably balances it out. 

bl88.thumb.png.c17b20eab645941811a371c0be5c4375.png

Missed out headers and thats something I'll sort, but I'll need to sort it for 100+ players so can't be arsed today 😂

McNamara won 46.5% of his "aerial duels", Rooney at 59.2%

Surprised Rooney seems better defensively, while McNamara seemed to do more in attack.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

bl88.thumb.png.c17b20eab645941811a371c0be5c4375.png

Missed out headers and thats something I'll sort, but I'll need to sort it for 100+ players so can't be arsed today 😂

McNamara won 46.5% of his "aerial duels", Rooney at 59.2%

Surprised Rooney seems better defensively, while McNamara seemed to do more in attack.

McNamara did more attacking but his use of the ball in the final third was a bit shit (IMO)

Although the unknown factors are was he following instructions from the manager but he certainly seemed the far and away the last culprit for the aimless deep lumped ball into the box earlier in the season. 

I see hes playing regularly and recently signed a new deal at Milwall though 👏 might be a good example to use as incentive for other lads like him on the fringes of squads to come to Saints on loan? 

Thought Craig was excellent today again. Really think that midfield three is our best. Allows McCann and Wotherspoon the ability to support the front two closing down high up the pitch.

Be really interesting to see what Davidson goes with next week. 5-3-2 worked well against Livingston last time out so I'm not dismissing it as much as a likelihood as others are. Both formations don't work as well without Wotherspoon though. Harsh, but I'd prefer Tanser over Booth too.

After a very difficult 10 games I seriously feared we were in a fight for the drop.

Now, I think we’ve sussed out our best formation, starting XI and have hit form at the best moment.

If we’d have managed it a few weeks earlier we’d have probably been bang in the top 6 hunt.

I think Davidson deserves credit. I remember a few weeks back saying we needed 5-7 points from United, St Mirren & Aberdeen and thankfully we did. We’ve played well most of the season & probably underachieved based on performances. Win next weekend and stay up and it’s a fantastic season. 

I think there's been progression with Davidson, which is all you can really ask for with a rookie manager.

Still to pass the test of keeping a squad together/improving it, and having a full season of decent results. We shouldve been clear in the top half by now.

Safety before the split + Final = Good first season.

16 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

I would like to see more signing up for next season. I assume we are all in agreement that it’s unlikely Ali will be with us next season?

I'm not completely in agreement with that 

He is under contract till 2023 so unless big bid  comes in summer he probably will be with Saints