Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I really think you know what I meant. There were two incidents in the Celtic box which would have been given against us if it had been at the other end.
Yeah, sorry if that came across a bit obtuse. I didn't think either of these were penalties tbh. Actually thought McLean had one of his better games. Correctly booked the two Celtic players and didn't buckle to the whinging of Christie.

Yeah, sorry if that came across a bit obtuse. I didn't think either of these were penalties tbh. Actually thought McLean had one of his better games. Correctly booked the two Celtic players and didn't buckle to the whinging of Christie.

Sure I suppose it’s just how we see it.

Big game for us at Motherwell this Saturday. The way Hamilton have, as expected, turned things around has brought the bottom of the table a lot closer.  

With the amount of points available to take off each other, and the high pressure nature of the games, just about any side in the bottom six after the split, could potentially finish bottom.

Sneaking sixth place at the split, and therefore guaranteeing safety, would be huge for whoever gets it.   I think st Mirren have to be strong favourites now when you look at their fixtures.  They could almost draw their way to clinching it.  It's certainly not impossible for us, but we'd need to go on quite a run of results, probably at least 3 wins out of 4, to have a chance.  Utd look to have the hardest run in.

Remaining fixtures:-

Saints - Motherwell (A), Hamilton (A), Hibs (H), Ross County (H)

United - Rangers (A), Kilmarnock (A), Celtic (H), Aberdeen (H)

mirrens - Livingston (H), Motherwell (H), Ross County (H), Rangers (A), Hamilton (A)

With those fixtures St Mirren would be the favourites for me. Even if we manage nine points St Mirren would only need wins over two of County, Motherwell and Hamilton to rule us out. United will have a very hard time with those fixtures.

Theres still a chance for us but it goes without saying that I’d accept losing all four of our remaining pre split league games if we win the cup...

We need to win all four to stand a chance, IMO.

Either way we need at least 6pts from the 4 games anyway. 38 my target to avoid 11th so I'd rather we avoided going into the split needing 3 wins from 5 to reach that. Total needed might be lower, but you can't rely on that the way this season has been.

If st mirren do indeed make the top 6 and it looks likely they probably will, we will have only played County twice at home already? So definitely 3 home games post split? No reason why we shouldn’t be aiming for 8-10 points from the final 4 games they way we are playing. 

5 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

If st mirren do indeed make the top 6 and it looks likely they probably will, we will have only played County twice at home already? So definitely 3 home games post split? No reason why we shouldn’t be aiming for 8-10 points from the final 4 games they way we are playing. 

Do they not usually "weight" the Home/Away fixtures based on the previous season? apart from Rangers/Celtic obviously.

Not sure how they'll work it since we didn't have a split last season, presumably off 18/19, where we had 3H/2A, so we'll maybe get a 3rd away trip somewhere this time.

Just guesswork based on something I vaguely remember being the way they sort it.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do they not usually "weight" the Home/Away fixtures based on the previous season? apart from Rangers/Celtic obviously.

Not sure how they'll work it since we didn't have a split last season, presumably off 18/19, where we had 3H/2A, so we'll maybe get a 3rd away trip somewhere this time.

Just guesswork based on something I vaguely remember being the way they sort it.

I’m not sure In all honesty, was just going on what I thought would be the most obvious. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pre split we will have played 16 games at home and 17 away so are due 3 at home and 2 away

With Saints and Motherwell in the bottom six and Hibs and St Mirren in the top six as it stands the fixture seeding won't quite be correct

If we are top six we should have home games with Rangers, Livingston and then a 3rd visit from either Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibs with away games to the two sides that don't come to McDiarmid for a third time

More likely that we will end up in the bottom six so it should be at home to Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Motherwell and then away to Ross County and St Mirren , but if its Dundee United we could have a 3rd trip to Tannadice or a third trip to either Hamilton, Kilmarnock or Motherwell with Dundee United at home. 

We’re milking this cup final for all you we can get!
Tbf, everything seems to be selling well. Club and the local media did a good job of drumming up interest ahead of the semi. Seem to be making a good job again.

Yeah I’ve got absolutely zero issues with the club trying to promote and sell as many things as they can in as many different ways as they can think of. Ultimately, the cost of the majority of the stuff they’re doing is a fraction of the price they’re selling it at and it’s all going into the club. If it keeps a couple of extra people in a job without pay cuts, then it’s 100% the right thing to do. I get a lot of people aren’t excited about the final and I kind of feel the same way, but that doesn’t take away from what it actually is, a chance to win one of the 2 national trophies on offer and one which we’ve not won before. This season has been one to remember for all the wrong reasons so far, so why not make it for the right reason!