Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

That would be madness for the club
You could have a household of 4 people or a group of mates all paying OAP money to watch a game. It would work in England with the massive TV deal but with about 40% of our revenue coming through the gate if all fans paid OAP rates or less the club could not afford its players.
It would need to be more than the walk in price to encourage fans to keep going to the games.

Ok then make the PPV the same as an adult ticket, it’s the idea I like not the cost.

How many extra customers do people think having PPV at the same time as crowds are back would bring?

For everyone person who is viewing a match they previously wouldn't you'd have a family of four who'd spend ~£45 a match only buying one ticket instead.

This is just a different version of the "make admission £10 and you'd sell out ths stadium!" argument. Youd lose more than you earn so it's not worth it.

Aye, let's say 25 or 26 quid, I'm in. Worth every penny to not hear Ghostie bellow his shite opinions at the players.

Only problem is that where there's a stream there's the equivalent dodgy free stream. Big risk for a club our size to take.
Do you sit near Ghostie when you're at McDiarmid? I really couldn't be arsed with that.

5 minutes ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, tree house tam said:
Aye, let's say 25 or 26 quid, I'm in. Worth every penny to not hear Ghostie bellow his shite opinions at the players.

Only problem is that where there's a stream there's the equivalent dodgy free stream. Big risk for a club our size to take.

Do you sit near Ghostie when you're at McDiarmid? I really couldn't be arsed with that.

Seat choice in Perth doesn't matter when folk at Pittodrie can hear him

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I've tried a different stand and can still hear the twat.

I sat in front of him for half a season, was very hungover one day anc we were losing to Celtic. Heard him scream “BAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK POOOOOSSSSSSSSSST”.

Got up, walked out the ground, spewed and went home.

The next game I’d moved up the other end of the scoreboard.

29 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I sat in front of him for half a season, was very hungover one day anc we were losing to Celtic. Heard him scream “BAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK POOOOOSSSSSSSSSST”.

Got up, walked out the ground, spewed and went home.

The next game I’d moved up the other end of the scoreboard.

You could still hear him the next week from the other end though 😂

Reading your post I could hear it in my head as if he was shouting it 😂😂

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is just a different version of the "make admission £10 and you'd sell out ths stadium!" argument. Youd lose more than you earn so it's not worth it.

Is there any evidence for this? That's a genuine question, not an attempt at being passive-aggressive. I'd be interested to see a club's PPV figures, including geographical spread.

Further cup final tops have been made available due to high demand. I prefer it to the actual home shirt, but either way it’s another way the club are making a wee bit of cash out of the cup run. We should just get to cup finals every year imo, makes sense financially.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

8 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Further cup final tops have been made available due to high demand. I prefer it to the actual home shirt, but either way it’s another way the club are making a wee bit of cash out of the cup run. We should just get to cup finals every year imo, makes sense financially.

Yes seems so obvious doesn't it?  You'd think the club would have cottoned onto it by now.  

2 hours ago, derek_holmes said:

Is there any evidence for this? That's a genuine question, not an attempt at being passive-aggressive. I'd be interested to see a club's PPV figures, including geographical spread.

ICT lost money, despite increasing their crowd, on a "pay what you want" game, so I suspect PPV would go the same way.

I don't think we have enough extra UK based fans to make it worthwhile, considering it would impact the Sky deal.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

ICT lost money, despite increasing their crowd, on a "pay what you want" game, so I suspect PPV would go the same way.

I don't think we have enough extra UK based fans to make it worthwhile, considering it would impact the Sky deal.

Not sure it’s a fair comparison,I know a guy who paid 20 pence that day 

23 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't understand why clubs offer these incentives as a one-off,  and analyse their effect on that basis.

Walk-up-to-the-gate football has declined massively in this country. People have largely switched to season tickets. You'd need a massive game, rather than a price reduction, to encourage fans along for a one-off now.

So the reason to lower prices would be to encourage fans to get into a habit, so the income from one game is almost irrelevant. It's something that would need to be done regularly to see any positive effect. Pricing at football is so high now it's very difficult to get into a habit unless it's subsidised for a wee while.

FWIW here's our squad breakdown, in the league, to try and find who our most dangerous players have been.

xG used to see who's getting shots in dangerous areas, xA to see who's creating shots in dangerous areas. Used total instead of p90 as I think its a fairer way to look at it, maybe wrong. % is the amount they individually contribute to the who squads total. If a players missing from the list, it means they scored 0 in both so I erased them them ease. Penalties removed. They're not ordered in any way, simply how they came out from WyScout...

Screenshot_20210212-125133_Office.thumb.jpg.0f98c46091b8165d6382274a7e8e0c4d.jpg

...from memory a lot of chances Conway sets up are from corners/set plays. May was top when you include penalties, then plummets when you remove them.

I don't think McCann has been particularly adventurous this season, so to see him have a similar chance of goals as May is a bit of a worry.

Wotherspoon, though...

Edited by RandomGuy.