Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Why should season ticket sales reduce? What’s needed is a real sales push so people are encouraged to buy. Maybe even something like a six match ticket. Even target those who support Saints but have never been at a match to buy one as a donation.
There must be many ways to increase income we could try.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Don't remember that but just because I don't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

There's normally 120k ish difference between 6th & 7th. Can't see us agreeing a bonus pot larger than that. Brown being Brown as well you'd think every penny was a prisoner and he'd make sure the club benefited financially from the club reaching top 6 and now allow the bonus to be better than the reward (although there's other financial benefits from top 6 beyond the price money) but again can't say I'm ITK or know the workings of player bonus structure. 

Top 6 normally means another home game (or 2) against the Old Firm though, or at least Hibs/Aberdeen who might bring a decent support, so it's not (normally) solely about the prize money. 

Edit: I've just read your post properly and you mention other financial benefits, carry on. 

Edited by deej

1 hour ago, akuram said:

Why should season ticket sales reduce? What’s needed is a real sales push so people are encouraged to buy. Maybe even something like a six match ticket. Even target those who support Saints but have never been at a match to buy one as a donation.

Maybe meant because its unlikely full crowds until September at least 

15 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Cheers. So 2 wins and we’ll pretty much be safe. Hopefully we get them soon so we can start to plan for next season 

Not sure why you are in any way worried, its not like you have a Terry Butcher-esque idiot of a manager who will lose the dressing room and the team are playing pretty well.

Having seen every side a couple of times (and how they have changed over the season) even with injuries, you are comfortably going to be away from the playoff zone dross.

1 hour ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Maybe meant because its unlikely full crowds until September at least 

September may be optimistic, Leitch on the the radio this morning saying you won't see crowds at Scottish football for some considerable time. No proper explanation , they need pressured into telling fans why , months after most have had a vaccine they still don't want fans in grounds.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

September may be optimistic, Leitch on the the radio this morning saying you won't see crowds at Scottish football for some considerable time. No proper explanation , they need pressured into telling fans why , months after most have had a vaccine they still don't want fans in grounds.

He wants all fans vaccinated before full-scale return of fans.  (Remember vaccines can't promise 100 per cent immunity, so how many of our fans would feel comfortable returning to McDiarmid knowing fans around them hadn't been given the jag yet?) From what I've heard Leitch say September might be possible because everyone might have been vaccinated by then, but unsurprisingly he won't commit because there are so many variables and so many false starts so far. Not sure what people expect or what further explanation you need. It's pretty straightforward. I imagine if you ask most epidemiologists they'd say we won't have big crowds this year, certainly not full stadiums.

Edited by Mr Heliums

4 hours ago, akuram said:

There won't be any of those things other than a social media push with letters in the season ticket renewals pleading with lines like "we need your support more than ever" & "we hope to welcome you back to McDiarmid in the near future". 

Will I renew? If course but there's going to be many who won't. Our older season ticket supporters or those who just haven't taken to the streaming are prime candidates to think "I'll wait and see what happens". 

There's also going to be families or individuals who's income has been adversely impacted by the pandemic, less income etc who'll maybe need to save that £300+. 

There's also the vulnerable who may not want to return for a while.

It's of course not what we want but it's to be expected i think.. Especially if there's no clear indication when fans will be back - which I can't see there being as Gov aren't keen on giving those kind of pie in the sky guesses then having to backtrack. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

He wants all fans vaccinated before full-scale return of fans. The virus needs to be non-existent before normality can return because vaccines don't give 100 per cent immunity. (So how many of our fans would feel comfortable returning to McDiarmid under those circumstances?) From what I've heard Leitch say September might be possible because everyone might have been vaccinated by then, but unsurprisingly he won't commit because there are so many variables and so many false starts so far. Not sure what people expect or what further explanation you need. It's pretty straightforward. I imagine if you ask most epidemiologists they'd say we won't have big crowds this year, certainly not full stadiums.

Leitch is a fearmonger who enjoys the attention. The virus will never be ‘non-existent’. That is an unrealistic goal which will see us hiding away in our houses for years to come. Just like the flu, it is something which we shouldn’t allow to negatively impact our lives once vaccines have been dished out to the most vulnerable and cases have been brought down to a manageable level.

41 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

He wants all fans vaccinated before full-scale return of fans.  (Remember vaccines can't promise 100 per cent immunity, so how many of our fans would feel comfortable returning to McDiarmid knowing fans around them hadn't been given the jag yet?) From what I've heard Leitch say September might be possible because everyone might have been vaccinated by then, but unsurprisingly he won't commit because there are so many variables and so many false starts so far. Not sure what people expect or what further explanation you need. It's pretty straightforward. I imagine if you ask most epidemiologists they'd say we won't have big crowds this year, certainly not full stadiums.

But the blanket "fans won't be back for ages" is the issue. Big crowds, and certainly full stadiums, is not something you would associate with St Johnstone v Ross County/Hamilton/Livingston or even St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie... 

2 minutes ago, deej said:

But the blanket "fans won't be back for ages" is the issue. Big crowds, and certainly full stadiums, is not something you would associate with St Johnstone v Ross County/Hamilton/Livingston or even St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie... 

So what's your argument - that we can have fans back but Celtic and Rangers can't? That just can't work.

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

There won't be any of those things other than a social media push with letters in the season ticket renewals pleading with lines like "we need your support more than ever" & "we hope to welcome you back to McDiarmid in the near future". 

Will I renew? If course but there's going to be many who won't. Our older season ticket supporters or those who just haven't taken to the streaming are prime candidates to think "I'll wait and see what happens". 

There's also going to be families or individuals who's income has been adversely impacted by the pandemic, less income etc who'll maybe need to save that £300+. 

It's of course not what we want but it's to be expected bi think.. Especially if there's no clear indication when fans will be back - which I can't see there being as Gov aren't keen on giving those kind of pie in the sky guesses then having to backtrack. 

Hopefu

I's put my Dad at 76 and a season ticket holder since 81/82 in that category.

He did buy a lap top to watch the games but says he's only watched 3 or 4 of them and that he finds it hard to get interested in the  house. As he's not on social media the 6pm kick offs caught him out a few times and he's just not watched it enough to make it worth while

I asked if he'd renew and he said he'd have to think about it and maybe wait until fans go back. He's certainly not in the "its not safe to go camp" but I am sure there will be some like that.

As a media volunteer for the club its something that we are looking at already as its going to be a hard sell. At least we are not a club who needs to put tickets on sale now like Celtic, Heats, Hibs and Rangers normally do and by the time we do the road map may have been published.

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

So what's your argument - that we can have fans back but Celtic and Rangers can't? That just can't work.

They could start with limits like what they had before then scale it up

possibly all of the above being home fans only or season ticket holders 

You are not suggesting that Jeanfield Swifts cannot have 100 at Riverside just because Celtic cannot have 40,000 at Celtic Park (Plus the other 10000 that only go to Old Firm games but that they count every week)

19 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I saw someone ask previously why people might now renew. I’m self employed and have only been able to work 3 months in the last year.  I would seriously doubt I could justify my season ticket if we aren’t allowed back.  Be difficult enough if we are.

And Jason Leitch’s statements on this change regularly.  

Just now, The Real Saints said:

As an exile, I'd purchase a season-ticket if it was made clear that we could have access to PPV streams throughout the entire season regardless of when fans are allowed back in person. 

Sure it was confirmed that the 3pm blackout returns when restrictions are lifted.

Sure it was confirmed that the 3pm blackout returns when restrictions are lifted.
The way the rule change was written the previous streaming restrictions will automatically re-apply once there are no restrictions on crowds (might actually happen at the end of the season anyway, can't remember the exact wording of the change)

To allowing UK streaming once crowds are fully back would require another rule change. Its possible but I'd be amazed if it happened.

23 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

As an exile, I'd purchase a season-ticket if it was made clear that we could have access to PPV streams throughout the entire season regardless of when fans are allowed back in person. 

I'd rather sit in the garden than up at McD with Ghostie and Random tbh. Can I be an exile too?