Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Are we all happy with three strikers for the rest of the season? I think I'd be alright with that. Melamed, Kane and May should hopefully be sufficient with O'Halloran/Middleton as back-up options if we run out of our 'natural' strikers.

Then again he could be the next Marcus Maddison.

My pal had him in his taxi one night when he was at us, said he spent the journey moaning at the lack of decent nightclubs in Perth.

There’s Hendry off to Aberdeen on loan. 

An odd move all round, I can’t see him playing any more there than he has been here recently. I suppose Aberdeen still have to play sides around us so he’ll maybe help us by scoring against them. 

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

said he spent the journey moaning at the lack of decent nightclubs in Perth.

Well he's no wrong. Perth is a fucking rank night out. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't really understand the move at all, for anyone, but here we are.

Best of luck to him, hopefully works out well for us one way or another.

Hopefully he grabs this unlikely opportunity with both hands,let's face it Perth to pittodrie is a massive upgrade for the lad

Like other posters, find it an odd transfer but there could well be things we aren't privy to. 

Hopefully it can benefit the club and player, whether he comes back next season or not.

Interesting to see if we do anything now. Can never get too excited about these deadline day arrivals from down south. Sometimes they work out alright but you kind of feel they are just plucked off a list that's circulated round every club. 

In what situation does Hendry come back to Saints?  If he plays well chances are Aberdeen will make a bid, and Saints will accept. If he is poor or doesn’t play seem the only way he plays for Saints again.  Might be Saints putting him in the shop window

9 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

Hopefully he grabs this unlikely opportunity with both hands,let's face it Perth to pittodrie is a massive upgrade for the lad

Hes certainly moving up the pecking order I guess. Likely to be 3rd choice instead of 4th.

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

Like other posters, find it an odd transfer but there could well be things we aren't privy to. 

Hopefully it can benefit the club and player, whether he comes back next season or not.

Interesting to see if we do anything now. Can never get too excited about these deadline day arrivals from down south. Sometimes they work out alright but you kind of feel they are just plucked off a list that's circulated round every club. 

I get the impression Saints wanted this to go through as they have someone in mind. 

3 minutes ago, Bose said:

In what situation does Hendry come back to Saints?  If he plays well chances are Aberdeen will make a bid, and Saints will accept. If he is poor or doesn’t play seem the only way he plays for Saints again.  Might be Saints putting him in the shop window

I guess in an ideal world he plays well and we end up with a 6 figure fee for him. McInnes talks about his "potential", and I don't think they have any strikers contracted for next season, so this is almost a 6 month trial maybe?

I think hes hit a wall with us just now so a fresh start somewhere else probably a good thing, he really needs constant games though which makes it weird.

Zero benefit to us sending him there unless its freed up money for someone we prefer to him, I think.