Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Longer Livingston keep winning, more likely it is they're due a loss by the time the Final comes around. My logic is flawless.

Second half v Killie a monster one due to tonight. Gone from 3 behind them, and them having a game in hand, to above them by 3pts and having a better goal difference.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Longer Livingston keep winning, more likely it is they're due a loss by the time the Final comes around. My logic is flawless.

Second half v Killie a monster one due to tonight. Gone from 3 behind them, and them having a game in hand, to above them by 3pts and having a better goal difference.

Shoosht!Wait till post Ibrox please 

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Good results for us tonight with the mirrens  losing as well.

If we win at Ibrox and Utd fail to win, we’re in the top six.

One of these is quite possible

*sticks head above parapet*

I thought Bryson and Conway were arguably our best players last night, and if they're not earning much money have been pretty good signings all in...

Agree, good performances from both.

Sticking head further above parapet, really struggling to see what we're getting from May the past few months.  Thankless task last night but he offered us zero as an outball to relieve pressure.  

All players go through dips in form, but if that was Hendry/ O'Halloran or Kane performing the way he has been, he'd be getting dogs abuse from Saints' supporters.

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Does anyone know if Spoony was just given a proper rest last night? Getting the fear he’s picked up an injury. That as well as Davidson would be horrendous blow.

Agree about May. I’ve felt like that for a while now.

"Slight ankle injury" but apparently fit for the weekend. 

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I thought that was one of the first games in ages where our subs and tactical changes actually improved us and had the intended impact, which was good to see. 

Easier to do when you've rotated things a bit and have starters to bring on. He's still got to be able to show he can do when there are harder sub decisions to make. Hopefully that'll come. 

Last night was always going to suit Bryson a bit more. He's our best midfielder at retaining possession (maybe makes easier passes, I don't know) and whilst in some games where you won't have as much of the ball, a guy like Davidson is what you want in there, you have so little against the Old Firm, you need someone that can use the ball well. 

After that, it's about making intelligent moves forward and getting three shots on target show he's done that.

Most of the players were decent last night but agree May really struggled. Had very little to work with in fairness and would never question his work ethic. 

Thought McCart had a really strong game. 

I know Rangers had some decent chances but to limit them to just 7 shots from open play is testament to the system and organisation. 

Looking forward to seeing how we approach Saturday's game now.

Edited by Radford

Tbf has May ever been any use as an isolated lone striker in games like that?

I'm more worried about his last performance when he started in a front two. Dropping into midfield constantly and taking stupid shots from 20 yards.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf has May ever been any use as an isolated lone striker in games like that?

I'm more worried about his last performance when he started in a front two. Dropping into midfield constantly and taking stupid shots from 20 yards.

I still think that on balance he's a better option than Kane as a lone striker – he's more unpredictable and has a better presence.  Downsides all too visible last night: the rash cross across goal  when there wasn't even anyone in the box was typical, and I'd hoped the drifting out to the left, or back to midfield, had been drilled out of him earlier in the season. Kane at least stays in position. Maybe it's a question of confidence.

That said I don't think any of our strikers would much use one-up-front against a team like Rangers unless there's better support from midfield. I thought Davidson has been back to better form in the last couple of games and we missed him when he went off. 

The substitutions did improve us, but I some of that might have been down to becoming less cautious in the last 15 minutes or so, and Rangers less ambitious.

15 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I still think that on balance he's a better option than Kane as a lone striker – he's more unpredictable and has a better presence. 

I dunno, he struggles to compete physically, is slow, isn't really aggressive. Needs someone close to him to be any use.

Feel like he's regressed back to where he was when he joined, which is disappointing. 

36 minutes ago, Radford said:

What about xMalice? 

Thought Brown was encouraging last night too. That cross he put in during the first half was delicious. 

Do love a drilled volley cross, always look so satisfying!! Shame Murray Davidson was off the pitch at that point.......