Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Watching the other semi just now and I am so so glad we told Joe Shaugnessey to bolt, would not swap any of our 3 centre backs for that big haddie.

Was thinking the same. Wondered how and maybe even worried we'd struggle to replace him when he left. 

Watching him now you, Mccart for example looks streets ahead of him. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

We had 5 academy players starting yesterday (I’m including Liam Gordon although I suppose technically he doesn’t count), as well as one coming off the bench. That’s really impressive. 

I think Conway was the only player in the starting line up who signed for the club when they were older than 23?

Penny for Tommy Wright's thoughts just now.

Bar Conway, that was his team out there yesterday and now got a good chance of adding a league cup to the club's history.

He's now sat at home with no one interested in having him as manager and with each passing month, the more he will be forgotten about for jobs especially in Scotland.

14 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Penny for Tommy Wright's thoughts just now.

Bar Conway, that was his team out there yesterday and now got a good chance of adding a league cup to the club's history.

He's now sat at home with no one interested in having him as manager and with each passing month, the more he will be forgotten about for jobs especially in Scotland.

Running out of top flight clubs, really. Can't see Aberdeen/Hibs sacking McInnes/Ross to hire TW, Motherwell/County just changed manager.

Sort of left with Kilmarnock/St Mirren as top flight options this season, and neither look like sacking them.

Hes virtually only got something like the Dundee job to go for now, which presumably won't be open until the Summer, when they'll still be a Championship side.

Yet another team going to try and figure out exactly what Glenn Middleton is.

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Decent player,good pace,unfortunately helping the  hu ns spoils it a bit 

when you're so desperate to use the H word that you stick a space in it to get around the filter.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Precious resources available this month and this is the way they spend it? Scunnered. So, so disappointing. 

Can’t help but agree with this. Not a player who has ever stood out or made any impression on the various times I’ve seen him. Sure he might be fast, but he doesn’t care about being here and he’s not going to dig in when we need him to. Guess it spells the end for MoH though, not upset about that, but not happy about the replacement.