Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

Kyle Turner maybe? Callum would know him from Dunfermline. No idea if he's out of contract or what kind of player he is, though. Getting the Stranraer midfield from a couple of season ago back together.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

223803563_giphy(1)(1).gif.6835d2cf52856b0d9aca0044ba299fdd.gif

Out of contract this Summer.

I would approve of this type of signing.

Yes Kyle is the player mentioned,     

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Were surely going to receive an offer this month for McCann?

Why surley?

Where is that thought coming from 

I would seriously doubt it.

CD will be looking to build round him i imagine and Saints in driving seat as on long term contract 

So any move would mean big Money and I don't think he's ready for that yet.

17 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Why surley?

Where is that thought coming from 

I would seriously doubt it.

CD will be looking to build round him i imagine and Saints in driving seat as on long term contract 

So any move would mean big Money and I don't think he's ready for that yet.

Firstly, just because he's a good played, surely clubs are looking at him! 

Teams down south will be more than ever looking for a player they can bring in and sell on again. In Peterborough style as they've made millions from doing so in recent years. 

If a club had a choice of him or someone else under contract down south McCann likely to be the better value option than the English equivalent I would imagine. 

As to whether he's ready for it, it would depend on how big that move was. if it was a decent club in for him and he'd surely fancy the move such as the rumoured West Ham link. What we'd accept I guess will depend on how badly we need it after the loses this season.

Always hope we get as much as possible for our players if they do move on but would rather we didn't lose him or any of our good players as we'd be a poorer side from both a results and entertainment perspective without him but appreciate our position in the food chain isn't the strongest sometimes 😟

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I don't think even a seven figure fee would be worth selling McCann for in this window, as stupid as that sounds.

Summer window is a different situation.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think even a seven figure fee would be worth selling McCann for in this window, as stupid as that sounds.

Summer window is a different situation.

In the hypothetical situation we received such an offer in the window do you see Broon & Kirsten turning it down? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

In the hypothetical situation we received such an offer in the window do you see Broon & Kirsten turning it down? 

I don't know tbh. Depends how our finances are, but I'd hope they'd understand how important he is to them team and how much relegation would cost.

This is all with the caveat I said similar about selling Matty Kennedy last season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

35 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Firstly, just because he's a good played, surely clubs are looking at him! 

Teams down south will be more than ever looking for a player they can bring in and sell on again. In Peterborough style as they've made millions from doing so in recent years. 

If a club had a choice of him or someone else under contract down south McCann likely to be the better value option than the English equivalent I would imagine. 

As to whether he's ready for it, it would depend on how big that move was. if it was a decent club in for him and he'd surely fancy the move such as the rumoured West Ham link. What we'd accept I guess will depend on how badly we need it after the loses this season.

Always hope we get as much as possible for our players if they do move on but would rather we didn't lose him or any of our good players as we'd be a poorer side from both a results and entertainment perspective without him but appreciate our position in the food chain isn't the strongest sometimes 😟

What West Ham link ..Enlighten me please 

GilmourvTurner.thumb.png.eefcbdb4cf7c8e106618293ad3008984.png

Gilmour last season, and Turner this season, compared to every CM we've had since 2015/16.

A chance that Gilmour was brought in on trial, then they found out they could get Turner in this window?

Seem vaguely similar players in terms of what they're doing.

Should clarify this isnt a "good/bad" thing, its simply the amount of things they're doing to try and show what type of midfielder they are.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Seriously dude how did you manage to turn an old rumour that we were once interested in a former players son into "Hearts are interested in Turner too " [emoji28]
He's a car mechanic.

"Yeah we repaired the hole in the exhaust mate. But you need a whole new gearbox and four tyres".

2 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

That's literally what hearts fans are saying on kickback. Not sure what random is being accused of. 

Nobody is "Accusing" him of anything..I was just alluding to the fact that Random said that Hearts were apparently interested in Turner " Too "..

If they've not signed yet then can't see them being involved tomorrow. 

Unless they've been training with us already of course as they will have missed the covid testing. That's before getting the international clearance etc sorted. 

31 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

When is the deadline for registering new signings before tomorrow’s game?