Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Widge said:

By still showing quality and getting involved which he definitely did in the second half, it’ll just add yet more strength to his game.

I'm sure one of the Twitter stattos had figures that showed McCann was a key player for us in terms of building attacks last season. He didn't always assist a goal or score it, but he generally made a key pass in the process. Wish I could find the post again but haven't yet.

Think that's what Chris Millar gave us previously, and probably Jody Morris aswell thinking about it. Both of them chipped in with the odd goals here and there aswell, so hopefully McCann can match or improve on his tally last season.

If we are playing a two man midfield, and McCann is one, what kind of midfielder do you reckon would be the best match beside him?

Edited by RandomGuy.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure one of the Twitter stattos had figures that showed McCann was a key player for us in terms of building attacks last season. He didn't always assist a goal or score it, but he generally made a key pass in the process. Wish I could find the post again but haven't yet.

Think that's what Chris Millar gave us previously, and probably Jody Morris aswell thinking about it. Both of them chipped in with the odd goals here and there aswell, so hopefully McCann can match or improve on his tally last season.

If we are playing a two man midfield, and McCann is one, what kind of midfielder do you reckon would be the best match beside him?

Murray's perfect in a two, as they can both sit in, but they both also offer something going forward. You could add Wotherspoon in a three, but not a two imo.

On 08/08/2020 at 13:53, realmadrid said:

I was told today that seat covers as seen down south were installed in the corners of the stands yesterday afternoon by the same people that did old Trafford.  Has anyone passed McDiarmid today to confirm ?

If so good advertising revenue for the club.

Wonder if we got any slogans "Neil McCann is a ###t -Sir Tommy Wright" would go down well. 

Correct. They're just in the corner sections and advertise stuff like the Saints lotto and GS Brown. Don't know which company made them though.

They're small enough that they could possibly stay even after were allowed back into the ground or moved into sections of other stands. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

On 08/08/2020 at 13:53, realmadrid said:

I was told today that seat covers as seen down south were installed in the corners of the stands yesterday afternoon by the same people that did old Trafford.  Has anyone passed McDiarmid today to confirm ?

If so good advertising revenue for the club.

Wonder if we got any slogans "Neil McCann is a ###t -Sir Tommy Wright" would go down well. 

What do you mean by seat covers?Genuinely confused as no seats in corners and I haven't seen one second of what's happening down in England 

41 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

This Pish should have been scrapped this year.

Was kind of feeling the same about the format until I seen the draw. I was half expecting us to end up with very similar teams as we have in the previous years but at least the draw has mixed it up. 

In defence of the SPFL at least with the League Cup as well as the Challenge Cup they have tried new ideas and things to try and make their competition's a bit fresher and different for once. (They can f**k off with the Colt Teams though)

-----

On a side note how would Saints fans feel if the invite to the NI, ROI & Welsh teams was to be extended to the League Cup? As long as the criteria was that any home game those clubs had were weekend games. Protects our part time clubs having to travel midweek and also provides the prime opportunity for travelling fans to get something a bit different. Would probably need a knockout preliminary round to cut down the number of teams a bit though. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Was kind of feeling the same about the format until I seen the draw. I was half expecting us to end up with very similar teams as we have in the previous years but at least the draw has mixed it up. 
In defence of the SPFL at least with the League Cup as well as the Challenge Cup they have tried new ideas and things to try and make their competition's a bit fresher and different for once. (They can f**k off with the Colt Teams though)
-----
On a side note how would Saints fans feel if the invite to the NI, ROI & Welsh teams was to be extended to the League Cup? As long as the criteria was that any home game those clubs had were weekend games. Protects our part time clubs having to travel midweek and also provides the prime opportunity for travelling fans to get something a bit different. Would probably need a knockout preliminary round to cut down the number of teams a bit though. 

I'd like it. Not sure the so called "bigger " clubs would go for it though.

4 minutes ago, The Marly said:
23 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
-----

I'd like it. Not sure the so called "bigger " clubs would go for it though.

Can't see the PT clubs voting for it either. 

As some of them would miss out on group stage probably or more groups with less teams and therefore still less £. 

8 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

It’s inconsiderate players that will get football stopped.

It's almost certain to happen if not after the most recent idiot footballer it will when there's an outbreak at a club through due to someone catching it via family and spreading it round the club.