Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

SB on the board. To me there is a whiff of culpability if they didnt have pre-agreed protocols for this pretty easily foreseeable eventuality and a member feels unhappy about it.

They've been railroad by the SG quite clearly but I dont know if postponement was the correct action.
As much an inconvenience I fall just on the side of the argument to postpone it. Say their remaining players are also infected but it's yet to show, they infect us, we infect Rangers, they infect whoever the next week.

Pissed off with Aberdeen nonetheless and they do need to be made an example of as it's abundantly clear their players just couldn't give a f**k about or chose to blatantly ignore the conditions that were set to allow the season to begin. Either way, they are completely culpable.

I'd be putting a complaint in to the SPFL that the game being cancelled was a consequence of a clear breach of the rules by Aberdeen players and St Johnstone should be awarded the points. The worst that could happen is that it's rejected.
We're St Johnstone mate. We don't stoop to Hearts/Sevco levels of pettiness.

Reckon there's a chance Saints have asked, after the government got involved, for the game to be postponed until the isolation period has passed? 

Only thing that makes sense to me.

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:
I'd be putting a complaint in to the SPFL that the game being cancelled was a consequence of a clear breach of the rules by Aberdeen players and St Johnstone should be awarded the points. The worst that could happen is that it's rejected.

We're St Johnstone mate. We don't stoop to Hearts/Sevco levels of pettiness.

You wouldn't think so looking at the responses on your club's twitter feed.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reckon there's a chance Saints have asked, after the government got involved, for the game to be postponed until the isolation period has passed? 

Either that or First Minister over-ruled the Minister's decision when the increased numbers of cases in Aberdeen were announced today? Who kens. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Scottish Government were never going to allow this to go ahead in case it could be linked to a spread it to Perth. Then they would be blamed by some.

It’s a risk averse risk management plan that makes no sense if they allow them to play Wednesday, 

8 minutes ago, Bose said:

The Scottish Government were never going to allow this to go ahead in case it could be linked to a spread it to Perth. Then they would be blamed by some.

It’s a risk averse risk management plan that makes no sense if they allow them to play Wednesday, 

That makes no sense other than the fact the rest of the squad will have had another clear test by then... Apart from that no sense at all 🙄

9 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

That makes no sense other than the fact the rest of the squad will have had another clear test by then... Apart from that no sense at all 🙄

So one more test between now and Wednesday, for a virus that has a believed maximum incubation period of 14 days, makes a big difference?  

19 minutes ago, Bose said:

So one more test between now and Wednesday, for a virus that has a believed maximum incubation period of 14 days, makes a big difference?  

Risk. 

Another clear test reduces the likelihood they have it and therefore reduces the chance of them spreading it. 

The incubation period isn't an even likelihood per day of it returning a positive test. 

If tomorrow's game went ahead and it then passed onto few Saints players I imagine the likely outcome of that would be all football in Scotland would have stopped again. At that point there would only be one outcome for many clubs. Administration. 

This was more serious than some realise. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Risk. 

Another clear test reduces the likelihood they have it and therefore reduces the chance of them spreading it. 

The incubation period isn't an even likelihood per day of it returning a positive test. 

If tomorrow's game went ahead and it then passed onto few Saints players I imagine the likely outcome of that would be all football in Scotland would have stopped again. At that point there would only be one outcome for many clubs. Administration. 

This was more serious than some realise. 

The only way to avoid all risk to prevent Aberdeen playing any matches for 14 days.

Tests dont give you a 100% guarantee you don't have it.

There's zero logic in postponing our game but allowing Wednesdays to go ahead. Its literally just a publicity stunt that satisfies those wanting the game postponed so footballers aren't treated differently, and satisfying football fans who want games.

We've been shafted here. Hamilton and Celtic now get to play a weakened Aberdeen side while we're denied that opportunity through no fault of our own. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The only way to avoid all risk to prevent Aberdeen playing any matches for 14 days.

Tests dont give you a 100% guarantee you don't have it.

There's zero logic in postponing our game but allowing Wednesdays to go ahead. Its literally just a publicity stunt that satisfies those wanting the game postponed so footballers aren't treated differently, and satisfying football fans who want games.

We've been shafted here. Hamilton and Celtic now get to play a weakened Aberdeen side while we're denied that opportunity through no fault of our own. 

You're not getting the point here. It's not about being 100% certain they dont have it without question. It's about the likelihood of them having it. 

The logic is quite clear. Another round of tests reduces likelihood someone else in the Aberdeen squad are carrying it & therefore the chance the risk of it being spread is reduced.

3 clear tests over a period of  circa 10 days provides more surety that there's no other carriers than 2 over 5 days doesn't it? Probably quite a lot exponentially.

Honestly don't know if the pair of you are being deliberately obtuse or honestly don't get it?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You're not getting the point here. It's not about being 100% certain they dont have it without question. It's about the likelihood of them having it. 

The logic is quite clear. Another round of tests reduces likelihood someone else in the Aberdeen squad are carrying it & therefore the chance the risk of it being spread is reduced.

Yes, but the whole idea is for there to be no risk. Football wasn't allowed to go ahead on the basis of footballers maybe getting the virus and spreading it from club to club, it was allowed to go ahead because testing and protocols were in place to prevent footballers getting it at all.

Our game against St Mirren was cancelled just weeks ago because backroom staff falsely tested positive and there was the smallest chance the players might spread it, yet all of a sudden its fine to allow games to go ahead?

16 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

3 clear tests over a period of  circa 10 days provides more surety that there's no other carriers than 2 over 5 days doesn't it? Probably quite a lot exponentially.

Honestly don't know if the pair of you are being deliberately obtuse or honestly don't get it?

I get it. You are arguing that it’s safe to play Wednesday because of additional testing. I’m suggesting that there is an argument that it may not be safe until the 14 days are up. The argument here is a threshold one that because of the uncertainty of the virus is unlikely to ever get 100% agreement.

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

I get it. You are arguing that it’s safe to play Wednesday because of additional testing. I’m suggesting that there is an argument that it may not be safe until the 14 days are up. The argument here is a threshold one that because of the uncertainty of the virus is unlikely to ever get 100% agreement.

Government guidelines are clear that if you work with someone who tests positive, you have to self isolate for 10 days regardless of whether you test negative or not.

I'm not sure why footballers are any different. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Government guidelines are clear that if you work with someone who tests positive, you have to self isolate for 10 days regardless of whether you test negative or not.

I'm not sure why footballers are any different. 

Isn't it 14?

10 if you personally have it.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Isn't it 14?

10 if you personally have it.

You're quite right, which makes it even more ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

That mocked up ‘here’s what you should have wrote’, statement on Twitter... 

Is that the one demanding we get the 3 points?

Horrifying stuff.

But, tbh, I want the club to day something if Aberdeen now get to play Hamilton on Wednesday. Theres no reasoning at all to postpone our game for 2 weeks, to the exact date the 8 players are allowed to play again, but allow others to play them within that time frame. Considine was due to be suspended and will be back, and i think Curtis Main will have recovered from his injury by then too.

It feels like we're being punished aswell here.

Hamilton and Celtic now get to play a weakened Aberdeen side while we're denied that opportunity through no fault of our own. 

Dundee United, Hibs, Killie, Livingston, Motherwell, Rangers, Ross County and St Mirren were also denied the opportunity to play a weakened Aberdeen side through no fault of their own.