Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

No idea, it's hypothetical. But if the reports are proven true, that would be social distancing guidelines

Surely its the pub that's broken them, not the patron. Are we as civilians expected to run out of everywhere that becomes crowded (and not even guaranteeing not catching infection doing that)? 

There's no chance the hammer for this falls on Aberdeen, IMO. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Surely its the pub that's broken them, not the patron. Are we as civilians expected to run out of everywhere that becomes crowded (and not even guaranteeing not catching infection doing that)? 

No. The pub/venue has to provide the appropriate environment, signage etc. Adherence to the distancing rules is individual responsibility. 

As per here;

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-physical-distancing

I expect that what happens to Aberdeen is entirely dependent on how many players are infected. If it's one or two, they might get a stern phone call. If it's more than 4 or 5 I think that there will be pressure to make a bit of an example of them. 

And yes, we are expected to run out of crowed places. I fact we're not meant to be in them at all. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The Scottish Government advice is you do exactly that.

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

The Scottish Government advice is you do exactly that.

If he's seen by CCTV or whatever doing exactly that - how could they possibly continue in this hypothetical scenario and Dock Aberdeen points? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If he's seen by CCTV or whatever doing exactly that - how could they possibly continue in this hypothetical scenario and Dock Aberdeen points? 

Not sure where I said they will dock points. You asked a question I answered. 

Assuming its just 1 players (& given that everyone is tested twice a week we should know this) this will be treated like a player being injured?

You need 3 on International duty to get a game off & several times teams with double digit illnesses have been told no postponement.

Surely if he is infected then everyone he has come into contact with must now go on lockdown. Ergo they cannot fulfill the fixture. Players should be operating in a bubble this absolutely does not mean heading to the pub on a Saturday night, Aberdeen should have that restriction in place, if not they are responsible and should be docked points. If they do then the player should be fined and Aberdeen docked points.

Most of us are all operating a restricted regime in our works right now to minimise potential spread during this most dangerous phase. i.e no meetings face to face outside your area etc.

Footballers should be the same as they are traveling the length and breadth of the country but also have the benefit of regular testing to give piece of mind that the rest of us don't have.

Aberdeen player or normal punter if you have caught it due to being in these pubs I would certainly hope your employer would be asking questions as to why you cannot fulfill your role and putting your company at further risk

Second Aberdeen player testing positive probably confirms the game will be off.

We'll now likely head to Ibrox with one competitive game (3 games in total), while they've been competing in competitive games for two months.

Great.

‪I was joking with my previous comment, but after some thought, this surely has to be considered a forfeit? Not called off due to the weather or something totally out of either of the club’s control.

Could’ve been prevented if the players in question followed SFA/parent club’s advice. Common sense also wouldn’t go amiss... ‬

Saints are ready for this game, Aberdeen obviously are not. It is not our fault they cannot fulfil the fixture due to sheer negligence and utter incompetence on the part of a minority of their playing squad.

3 hours ago, perthsaints99 said:

‪I was joking with my previous comment, but after some thought, this surely has to be considered a forfeit? Not called off due to the weather or something totally out of either of the club’s control.

Could’ve been prevented if the players in question followed SFA/parent club’s advice. Common sense also wouldn’t go amiss... ‬

Saints are ready for this game, Aberdeen obviously are not. It is not our fault they cannot fulfil the fixture due to sheer negligence and utter incompetence on the part of a minority of their playing squad.

Reading between the lines that kind of seems the SPFL stance. Who cares what problems or ill prepared you are you need to field a team even if that means they've only got 3-4 subs. 

Unless the gov has a different opinion tomorrow...

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Reading between the lines that kind of seems the SPFL stance. Who cares what problems or ill prepared you are you need to field a team even if that means they've only got 3-4 subs. 

Unless the gov has a different opinion tomorrow...

They have 35 registered first team players. Losing 8 leaves them with 27. As far as I know they have one injury and one suspension, so a pool of 25.

We have 23 and it sounds like we have the same 4 injuries as last week, plus a suspension. Pool of 18. 

No mistake this is a headache for Aberdeen but they have the depth to ride it out. If we had a covid outbreak of a similar scale to Aberdeen we could not field a team. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

They have 35 registered first team players. Losing 8 leaves them with 27. As far as I know they have one injury and one suspension, so a pool of 25.

We have 23 and it sounds like we have the same 4 injuries as last week, plus a suspension. Pool of 18. 

No mistake this is a headache for Aberdeen but they have the depth to ride it out. If we had a covid outbreak of a similar scale to Aberdeen we could not field a team. 

As long as they've tested that whole squad 😂

Someone suggested we potentially aren't testing a few younger players hence why we didn't fill the bench last week. Presumably to keep costs down. Presume they'd need to train separately though...

20 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

As long as they've tested that whole squad 😂

Someone suggested we potentially aren't testing a few younger players hence why we didn't fill the bench last week. Presumably to keep costs down. Presume they'd need to train separately though...

Don't they have to test the whole squad and staff though?  Surely we do to? 

Anyway my general point was that our players had better be taking every possible precaution because if we get an outbreak we'll be gubbed - which is the least of the concerns given the virus's potential to spread and cause serious related illness. 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Saturday has got calamity written all over it, was more confident when we were playing against their full strength team. 

Exactly this,  I have Saints, at 2/1, on my coupon from earlier in the week but I wouldn’t include them now even at 2/1.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Second Aberdeen player testing positive probably confirms the game will be off.

We'll now likely head to Ibrox with one competitive game (3 games in total), while they've been competing in competitive games for two months.

Great.

RandomGuy, I know you love the saints, but its getting really fucking desperate when you spin almost any Scottish football incident into a "well this is bad for St Johnstone because...." 

That is a considerable hindrance for us though. We are going into the third game of the season having played only one game (and only two friendlies). It’s frustrating that the two teams who have been impacted by COVID (one falsely, of course) have both been scheduled to play us immediately after.

54 minutes ago, Doctor said:

RandomGuy, I know you love the saints, but its getting really fucking desperate when you spin almost any Scottish football incident into a "well this is bad for St Johnstone because...." 

Aye, it makes no sense for a St Johnstone fan, in a St Johnstone thread, to be talking about how things effect St Johnstone. 

How foolish I feel.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, it makes no sense for a St Johnstone fan, in a St Johnstone thread, to be talking about how things effect St Johnstone. 

How foolish I feel.

I'm not having a go at you RandomGuy, I like St Johnstone too, I'm just continually baffled by how much come across as investing your feelings into a football club, do you honestly think its going to make the slightest bit of difference? Its Rangers, At Ibrox, like if you arn't going into that game expecting to be humped 5-0 I just don't get how you cope being a St J fan.