Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

45 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Dreamt we beat United 4 nil last night.

1 minute ago, Super_J said:

We lost 2-zip in mine emoji24.png

I pumped Stacey out of Gavin & Stacey in mine. 

Mixed bag all round I guess

2 hours ago, perthsaints99 said:

Evidently. Non stop scream in the Jarse household when he was called for his dinner.

Weren't going to miss the same opportunity that Alan Knill passed up not calling his son 'Juan'.

Jason Kerr is married a Spanish girl and called his son Juan.

interestingly Conway apparently lead the way in terms of assists at Salford last season. It's something I've thought we've lacked a times going forward, more consistent final ball and something many of our fans were critical of Drey Wright for at times & its definitely not MOH's strong point either. Spoony can be guilty occasionally as well after often doing really well initially to opportunity to deliver so hopefully Conway can show that extra quality. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.
Spelling like a child

TW speaking about the appointment of Calum Davidson in the Sunday Post.
Spoiler

20200729_163201.thumb.jpg.fcc593491de47d2ca2a7e92913fcfd32.jpg
20200729_163216.thumb.jpg.867f6ce0a396d3773c7f230c76fa2f45.jpg
20200729_163228.thumb.jpg.d436424fa1e4c2f7df7c670066f1dc70.jpg

Good article. What Tommy says about the strength of the squad is a fair point, but even he must acknowledge that it's a lot tighter on numbers than he ever had to work with. I actually have no issues working with a smaller squad (I felt last season's was too big anyway), but there's no doubt we need a couple of additions. Unlike others, I'm happy to wait for the right signings. I really feel that the closer we get to the end of the window, the better the chances of a quality player becoming available to us.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

interestingly Conway apparently lead the way in terms of assists at Salford last season. 

Aye, 6 assists in 15 starts (20 games). In terms of "minutes per assist", he was twice as good as any other Salford player.

If you look at Goals and Assists in the last 5 seasons (played over 1000 minutes unless stated)...

19/20 - 6

18/19 - 2 (played under 1000 minutes)

17/18 - 4

16/17 - 11

15/16 - 8

There's been a clear decline, but at least he's contributing something. I'm not expecting him to be anything other than back up though, so coming off the bench to try and create something is the role I think he'll be signed for and he seems a good fit for that. His crossing stats are mental.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

I really feel that the closer we get to the end of the window, the better the chances of a quality player becoming available to us.

This, especially with the EPL/EFL not starting until September. Clubs down there won't be sorting their squads out until the end of August, and youd expect loanees to become available.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His crossing stats are mental.

Can you elaborate on that? 

In return, I think these are the squad numbers for this season:

1. Zander Clark
2. Wallace Duffy
3. Scott Tanser
4. Jamie McCart
5. Jason Kerr
6. Liam Gordon
7. Craig Conway
8. Murray Davidson
9. Chris Kane
10. David Wotherspoon
11. Michael O'Halloran
12. Elliott Parish
14. Stevie May
15. Danny McNamara
16. Isaac Olaofe
18. Ali McCann
19. Shaun Rooney
22. Callum Hendry
24. Callum Booth
26. Liam Craig
37. Marky Munro
38. Cammy Ballantyne
40. Sam Denham
43. John Robertson
45. Ross Sinclair
46. Alex Ferguson
47. Michael McFarlane
48. Jack Wills
49. Oliver Hamilton
50. Jordan Northcott

Given it took 4 months for us to start playing last season, I’m totally ok with is waiting until the end of August/September to bring in some new players of better quality. We’d still be doing better than last year.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His crossing stats are mental.

That's why I think we might see him start ahead of MOH.

Wotherspoon and MOH would rather cut inside than go wide IMO, and when they do go for the cross the product isn't always top drawer. And Hendry loves getting on the end of a cross (as does Kerr of course).

Tanser was probably our most consistent crosser of the ball last year (but I've not got the stats).

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Can you elaborate on that? 

He averaged a cross every 18 minutes for Salford last season.

Every 10 minutes for Blackburn the season before.

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

And Hendry loves getting on the end of a cross

That hit me when I  was watching Salford highlights. Conway seems incredible at hitting that back post area from crosses. 

Only issue is I cant find stats about how accurate the crosses actually are.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, 6 assists in 15 starts (20 games). In terms of "minutes per assist", he was twice as good as any other Salford player.

If you look at Goals and Assists in the last 5 seasons (played over 1000 minutes unless stated)...

19/20 - 6

17/18 - 4

16/17 - 11

15/16 - 8

There's been a clear decline, but at least he's contributing something. I'm not expecting him to be anything other than back up though, so coming off the bench to try and create something is the role I think he'll be signed for and he seems a good fit for that. His crossing stats are mental.

I see it completely differently because of the way CD talks about him I think he will be a regular starter. Just my gut feeling though could be miles off.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

19/20 - 6

17/18 - 4

16/17 - 11

15/16 - 8

Good mental like Spike Milligan or bad mental like Ted Bundy?

10 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Good mental like Spike Milligan or bad mental like Ted Bundy?

He attempted 93 crosses last season, in 20 games.

Our highest was Wotherspoon, with 73 crosses in 21 games.

After that you have Drey Wright who hit 34 crosses in 22 games.