Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yes but i am thinking we are loosing walk up cash through the turnstiles that can be offset by PPV sales but if we are loosing two of these games as they are on Sky then we get nothing in to replace the walk up cash, i also have not looked at others TV games to see if there is a balance in this at all.   
I'm scared to look to be honest. I suspect the impact will be significant, particularly when the non PPV games will be likely be the old firm.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That "tannoyman" has spent the best part of the past decade making up absolute bollocks to try and get fans criticising the club.

Take it he was unceremoniously punted at some point?

I think he just stepped down to spend time to family, that was the official line anyway but he certainly is generally critical of the club, particularly around employees practices. No idea if they're justified or not so not sure if he's just disgruntled or reasonable views. 

I'm aware of another ex employee of the club probably similar ages with him who was similarly critical but he was at least a ft employee rather than just Saturday volunteer! He also doesn't post it on social media.

So who knows but I do like sharing those kind of tweets to see others feelings...

I'm genuinely quite enthused by our two Millwall loans, but doesn't Luke Bolton blow them out the water? I'm trying not to be blinded by the fact he's a city player but he did play 24 games in championship last season. 

Whether we need that position is a separate issue, so this isn't a pure "we should have got him" post when I've never seen him play, I'm just wondering what factors play into who goes where. 

Is it Mellon's connections? Are Utd paying more? 

16 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I'm genuinely quite enthused by our two Millwall loans, but doesn't Luke Bolton blow them out the water? I'm trying not to be blinded by the fact he's a city player but he did play 24 games in championship last season. 

Whether we need that position is a separate issue, so this isn't a pure "we should have got him" post when I've never seen him play, I'm just wondering what factors play into who goes where. 

The latter surely. I'd say the factors are properly wealthy owners, bigger revenues, a less risk averse attitude to spending and the importance of staying up. They also have, generally, a much weaker squad than ours in most positions. 

As ever it's a question of value, only time will tell if there's a better return on investment from Luke Bolton or our loanees. To me it will be the tail end of the transfer window that will be most interesting as the position on what quality there is in the market becomes more clear. 

1 hour ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I'm genuinely quite enthused by our two Millwall loans, but doesn't Luke Bolton blow them out the water? 

24 appearances but little over 1,000 minutes, so only 12 games in playing time. He played 90 minutes just 5 times.  

That's not to argue with your general point - and he might be a very good player - but it's a bit of context.  

13 minutes ago, Radford said:

24 appearances but little over 1,000 minutes, so only 12 games in playing time. He played 90 minutes just 5 times.  

That's not to argue with your general point - and he might be a very good player - but it's a bit of context.  

Yeah agreed. Probably something also to be read into the fact he's now at Dundee Utd and not back at lower championship level. 

As you referenced though, my overall point is why would a seemingly decent rated EPL loan 'Player X' pick newly promoted Utd over us, if offered a choice. Valentinos point that we aren't short of players might be a factor

Really hope we can take off from where we were before the break. Outside of those two Celtic games (and we played really well in the cup game) it was 1 defeat in 16 matches and that was at Livingston, where we were denied a stonewall penalty (and red card) early on.

No excuse for what is largely the same group not to be confident going into this season.

As long as we can avoid the defensive problems that plagued us early last season we'll do well enough. 

The consistency in which we shipped a pathetically soft goal inside 15 mins at the start of last season was costing us dearly. It was ground hog day stuff. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Like Boyce signing for the Jambos last season was going to push them into the top six? One player does not make a team.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
7 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Like Boyce signing for the Jambos last season was going to push them into the top six? One player does not make a team.

This.

I think this side deserve the start of the season to prove they can replicate the end of last. It does need a few more in, at least for depth, would prefer first 11 players though. I think we all know it's a cost cutting exercise this season because there will be big big losses.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

You'd be a terrible informant, Steve. Has a contract been offered? Is the deal done? Are you sure that no other potential signing was mentioned whatsoever? We need clarity here.

Suggested it was a done deal, wasn't anyone else mentioned.

I’ve seen a few people saying we won’t have new kits until mid August. Will be a pretty poor look if we are the only club who can’t get kits for the start of the season 
Quite a few other clubs in the same boat as saints. Macron European distribution centre is based in Italy and was shut down until few weeks back. Only Dundee United have their kits. Motherwell, Ross county and Hibs only have a few for marketing purposes and not any to wear. Factor in the shirts are manufactured in China then shipped to Italy then to Scotland hence we have delays.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
27 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
I’ve seen a few people saying we won’t have new kits until mid August. Will be a pretty poor look if we are the only club who can’t get kits for the start of the season 

Quite a few other clubs in the same boat as saints. Macron European distribution centre is based in Italy and was shut down until few weeks back. Only Dundee United have their kits. Motherwell, Ross county and Hibs only have a few for marketing purposes and not any to wear. Factor in the shirts are manufactured in China then shipped to Italy then to Scotland hence we have delays.

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a shit if we play in last year’s strips? Maybe it’s an age thing.