Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine a lot of people will use illegal streams.

Last season, season ticket holders didn't get "value for money" as they didnt get a full season worth of games. Many will have refused the refund. This season theyve been asked to pay full price despite not getting to many, if not any, games. You just can't then add to that by making PPV cheaper than what season ticket holders are paying for games.

Its bizarre to see people criticising a club for looking after its most loyal fans (season ticket holders). Id imagine most fans who PATG every week will have zero issue paying £17.50 per game.

Put simply, the club has prioritised season ticket holders. 

And even then it's a very slim margin.

It works out a season ticket holder is paying £17.11 if they watch every single match.  So that means PPV followers are paying 39p extra a game, and they only have to do it at the games of their choice/ when they are available to watch.

Its a great deal for PPV supporters under the circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

I’m in no way criticising. The club know much better what they are doing than I would. 

I'm not on about you tbf, Twitter is already full of people moaning. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

And even then it's a very slim margin.

It works out a season ticket holder is paying £17.11 if they watch every single match.  So that means PPV followers are paying 39p extra a game, and they only have to do it at the games of their choice/ when they are available to watch.

Its a great deal for PPV supporters under the circumstances.

I think they've found a reasonable area with pricing tbh.

Season ticket holders arent done out of money, and PATG fans save ~£5 per match due to having to watch on a laptop.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd rather not encourage other clubs to get season ticket holders tbh.

Rewarding OF fans for buying season tickets by giving them discounted "entry" to our matches seems a bit disgusting.

Quite a short sighted view, when we'd also be encouraging more Saints fans to take up a ST, surely that's a good thing, as when we're eventually allowed back in it would be good to see more Saints supporters coming along.  If all 10 OF clubs got 10% more ST holders as a result, then that's a positive.

OF clubs are both are already fully subscribed for ST holders and have waiting lists, so we're not going to be encouraging additional season ticket holders for them.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Quite a short sighted view, when we'd also be encouraging more Saints fans to take up a ST, surely that's a good thing, as when we're eventually allowed back in it would be good to see more Saints supporters coming along.  If all 10 OF clubs got 10% more ST holders as a result, then that's a positive.

OF clubs are both are already fully subscribed for ST holders and have waiting lists, so we're not going to be encouraging additional season ticket holders for them.

Our season ticket numbers didn't increase after being a top 4 side in the country over a decade, regular European games and a Scottish Cup win.

I highly doubt a discounted price to watch us away to Hamilton is going to see a surge of new fans.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I might just get a season ticket this year tbh, save some hassle.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I highly doubt a discounted price to watch us away to Hamilton is going to see a surge of new fans.

It's almost as if you're arguing for the sake of it here.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

It's almost as if you're arguing for the sake of it here.

I dont think you should ever use me as a representative of a large group of people. 

I attended pretty much every home game last season anyway, so wouldn't be an "extra" fan.

There is also the fact that a couple of our home games are on Sky Tv so there is lost revenue there as only Season Ticket holders get to by pass the Sky Tv so Saints get no extra revenue from these games so I would think a working out of the potential games they can charge for has been looked at.

34 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The very informative St Johnstone 1884 Twitter page is suggesting that there are a couple of 'transfer scoops' in the Terrace Podcast's season preview for Saints. Can anyone shed any light? It costs $5 to access.

I wondered what they were also but I’m too cheap to pay $5 

There is also the fact that a couple of our home games are on Sky Tv so there is lost revenue there as only Season Ticket holders get to by pass the Sky Tv so Saints get no extra revenue from these games so I would think a working out of the potential games they can charge for has been looked at.
The sky deal is better this year now though, should mitigate a bit when the pot is split.

Does anyone know what the position split is this year in terms of prize money?

10 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

By 'various discounts' is he meaning the rebate that existing ST holders are/were entitled to? I don't know anyone that took that offer (fair enough if they did with folk in hard times). 

What discounts are available on our streams? I'm confused. FWIW I'd not have been too bothered about the price being lower but I'm assuming there's been some elasticity / revenue maximisation modelling done. Or maybe not.

If anyone has any info it would be good to know how our ST sales are holding up. With the discount it's very possible we can sell more tickets but bring in lower revenue. 

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

By 'various discounts' is he meaning the rebate that existing ST holders are/were entitled to? I don't know anyone that took that offer (fair enough if they did with folk in hard times). 

What discounts are available on our streams? I'm confused. FWIW I'd not have been too bothered about the price being lower but I'm assuming there's been some elasticity / revenue maximisation modelling done. Or maybe not.

If anyone has any info it would be good to know how our ST sales are holding up. With the discount it's very possible we can sell more tickets but bring in lower revenue. 

That's the thing that annoys me most about football fans. 

"rIp OfF. wOuLd GeT mOrE iN iF iTs ChEaPeR"

The fact if it was half price you'd need to sell double to make up the money is somehow lost on people. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

39 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

That "tannoyman" has spent the best part of the past decade making up absolute bollocks to try and get fans criticising the club.

Take it he was unceremoniously punted at some point?

21 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

... but I'm assuming there's been some elasticity / revenue maximisation modelling done. Or maybe not.

Tough one but I'd probably go with the latter option.

Saints have tackled this pandemic probably as I expected. Very much business first but with their typical approach to keeping the moral high ground in the public face, e.g. not asking players to take cuts etc... 

Unfortunately, the folk without the profile of the players aren't always extended the same courtesy. The reason they don't generally speak out of course is that they don't have the platform and, if they do, they are met with responses like above.

Every club is the same, they have fans that facilitate poor behaviour by defending absolutely everything they do. 

10 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

The sky deal is better this year now though, should mitigate a bit when the pot is split.

Does anyone know what the position split is this year in terms of prize money?

Yes but i am thinking we are loosing walk up cash through the turnstiles that can be offset by PPV sales but if we are loosing two of these games as they are on Sky then we get nothing in to replace the walk up cash, i also have not looked at others TV games to see if there is a balance in this at all.