Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

19/20: 3,416
14/15: 4,490

A decrease of pretty much 1000 and that's not forgetting that Celtic got a significantly higher allocation in their games.

Are the just league figures?

Bearing in mind OF games, and Tayside derbies, see our biggest crowds.

2014/15 - 3 Home games v Celtic, 4 Home games v Dundee/United.

2019/20 - 3 Home games v OF. (1 Celtic, 2 Rangers)

We lost two of our biggest crowds and replaced them with Rangers, where our home crowd wasnt even breaking 2000, and Hearts, who's fans went missing for one of those games (Leveins final game) and didnt even sell out the stand behind the goal.

As far as we all get told, season ticket sales have been, generally, rising consistently. The away figures fluctuate so wildly that average attendances are pointless to judge with.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do folk get so hung up on crowd sizes?

Incidentally, no team that has won a cup in the last decade or so, at least, has seem a sustained large increase in crowds.

Each club has a higher average attendance since the season after they won their cup though!

St Mirren have:

14/15: 3,878
19/20: 5,381

Dundee United have:

11/12: 7,482
19/20: 8,496

Ross County have:

17/18: 4,103
19/20: 4,665

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are the just league figures?

Bearing in mind OF games, and Tayside derbies, see our biggest crowds.

2014/15 - 3 Home games v Celtic, 4 Home games v Dundee/United.

2019/20 - 3 Home games v OF. (1 Celtic, 2 Rangers)

We lost two of our biggest crowds and replaced them with Rangers, where our home crowd wasnt even breaking 2000, and Hearts, who's fans went missing for one of those games (Leveins final game) and didnt even sell out the stand behind the goal.

As far as we all get told, season ticket sales have been, generally, rising consistently. The away figures fluctuate so wildly that average attendances are pointless to judge with.

This is a fair point. There definitely are extenuating circumstances granted.

18 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

What a terrible poster Ludo is, the fact that he Is still posting after his horrific comments relating to a completely innocent banner is an absolute red neck. 

Huge positive to Dundee being garbage and not competitive is not having to read him bore the tits out of everyone on a weekly basis. 

Oft. Raging.

ETA: Safe to say he is with the dotting spree. :lol:

Edited by Speroni*1

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

This is a fair point. There definitely are extenuating circumstances granted.

It's the reason.

For all your chat about "selling the stadium to Celtic", theres only game like that in those figures.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It's the reason.

For all your chat about "selling the stadium to Celtic", theres only game like that in those figures.

The only reason your support hasn't grown since you won the cup is because you've not got either of the Dundee teams? I've became entangled in this debate when the question I was trying to get at was have the Brown's attempted many incentives to bring more in? I know you done that cracking deals for kids (Was that still a thing last season?) anything else?

It just seems more of a missed opportunity to me rather than any actual 'embarrassment' or 'crowd wanking'.

7 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The only reason your support hasn't grown since you won the cup is because you've not got either of the Dundee teams? I've became entangled in this debate when the question I was trying to get at was have the Brown's attempted many incentives to bring more in? I know you done that cracking deals for kids (Was that still a thing last season?) anything else?

It just seems more of a missed opportunity to me rather than any actual 'embarrassment' or 'crowd wanking'.

The average attendance has dropped in 19/20 compared to 14/15 because of the loss of certain fixtures.

The home support is slowly rising, but is in a period of generational change, and in an era where sections of Scottish football fans have grown into other habits. This, small, growth is both masked by the poorer away crowds, influenced by the loss of older fans/fans with changed circumstances, and hindered by the lack of club activity.

Theres people in Perth who don't even know about the free U12 deal despite the fact im sure its been there for over half a decade now.

Everything has combined, but on the same page, to claim we should've increased our crowd by 30% and that we've actually lost 1k fans is just ridiculous and unfair. Its not realistic.

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m not on a dotting spree, I’m red dotting your posts on this thread, and one post in another premiership thread,  because they are horrific and deserve negative reputation points. Hopefully you will take the feedback on board and delete your account. 

Concerned you're taking this all a bit too seriously. Take a few deep breaths FFS.

ETA: Obviously don't know the meaning of the word spree then. ;)

Edited by Speroni*1

Theres people in Perth who don't even know about the free U12 deal despite the fact im sure its been there for over half a decade now.

Everything has combined, but on the same page, to claim we should've increased our crowd by 30% and that we've actually lost 1k fans is just ridiculous and unfair. Its not realistic.

Then that's on your club's marketing team/Brown.

Then why has every other team that I've pointed out in the previous post increased their average attendance?

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Then that's on your club's marketing team/Brown.

Then why has every other team that I've pointed out in the previous post increased their average attendance?

Again, if you're not looking at home support in isolation then its pointless claiming anything.

Where did you get those figures anyway?

Transfermarkt has us averaging 4,045 this season, and 4,592 in 14/15.

So we've lost 2 games against Celtic, 2 against Dundee, and 2 against United, and our average attendance would've dropped 500.

3 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The jealously patter is stinking.
If I was a glory hunter and jealous of a team that "won 'hings" it certainly wouldn't be club like St Johnstone. I'd aim my sights a little higher than that a few 3rd places finishes and a Scottish Cup.

*checks club he supports*

Partick Thistle.

bDqrhLV.gif.6a832ba3677e77acbc31330f3493b81b.gif

Probably one of those types, like @Hammer Jag who said they'd rather "get relegated playing football the right way, than play like St Johnstone".

Enjoy Clyde m8s.

Again, if you're not looking at home support in isolation then its pointless claiming anything.

Where did you get those figures anyway?

Transfermarkt has us averaging 4,045 this season, and 4,592 in 14/15.

So we've lost 2 games against Celtic, 2 against Dundee, and 2 against United, and our average attendance would've dropped 500.

The 14/15 figure was from a tweet from that St Johnstone 1884 account had posted up. That bizarrely came up in the google search - can't remember what I typed exactly.

19/20 is The Scotsman.

Each club has a higher average attendance since the season after they won their cup though!

St Mirren have:
14/15: 3,878
Dundee United have:
11/12: 7,482
19/20: 8,496

Ross County have:
17/18: 4,103

Why are you using attendances from two seasons after those teams won a cup?

Two of them also finished bottom of the league in those seasons, so it's hardly a surprise that they had shite crowds then.

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Why are you using attendances from two seasons after those teams won a cup?

Two of them also finished bottom of the league in those seasons, so it's hardly a surprise that they had shite crowds then.

I forgot that the League Cup finished in March pre 2016. Point still stands though.

ETA: St Mirren -

13/14: 4,511

Ross County -

16/17: 4,103

Edited by Speroni*1